Sign in to follow this  
2000E46CONVERTIBLE323CI

Outdoor car cover for E46 convertible

Hi, I may be completely wrong but don't you have to be careful what with the fabric roof of your car and the non-porous plastic cover when outside?... Moisture trapped between the layers would make stuff go mouldy wouldn't it? Sam

The entire vehicle is getting completely drenched on a daily at the moment, so not too concerned about a little moisture between the layers. Anyone with an outdoor car cover recommendation?

Hi, The getting drenched on its own wont necessarily cause mould; trapped moisture under a tarp and the warmth caused by the cover (even with the Winter sun on it) probably will. That said, I don't know if modern convertible hoods are impregnated with anti-bio agents? If they're not and it you get mould on it it'll be a bitch to get off. Sam

Wow, not dismissive in the slightest. Well, based on past experience with my old man's Spitfire, I'd recommend spending a bit more and going for a breathable one over a cheaper standard one.

The entire vehicle is getting completely drenched on a daily at the moment,

so not too concerned about a little moisture between the layers.

Anyone with an outdoor car cover recommendation?

Hi,

The getting drenched on its own wont necessarily cause mould; trapped moisture under a tarp and the warmth caused by the cover (even with the Winter sun on it) probably will. That said, I don't know if modern convertible hoods are impregnated with anti-bio agents? If they're not and it you get mould on it it'll be a bitch to get off.

Sam

You're absolutely right Sam. Car covers can do more harm than good unless the car is properly prepared ie paint and rubbers sealed and bone dry before the cover is applied.

Thought I'd have a search on Google for you, typed in 'good quality car cover' and it came back with Money Supermarket, Confused.com, Go Compare...?