bungers

'thanks' tally?

Pretty sure he's saying he doesn't even need the vote as it's easy to do, but he doesn't want to do it until he's sorted out the site issues. Otherwise this thread confuses me :blink:

Yes I understand that, but my comment regarding a poll was based on

Not much work to enable it. If it gets enough attention I'll do it, but I'm not enabling it to for just 3 people to use it, it'll cause more load on our server.

Edited by RonakT

Pretty sure he's saying he doesn't even need the vote as it's easy to do, but he doesn't want to do it until he's sorted out the site issues.

Otherwise this thread confuses me :blink:

I'm just wanting it clarified as I've asked & lobbied for things in the past only for Sam to dismiss it. If Sam is saying he'll do it then the OP should create a poll to see if the rest of the site wants it, if Sam won't do it then there's no point in a poll.

Pretty sure he's saying he doesn't even need the vote as it's easy to do, but he doesn't want to do it until he's sorted out the site issues.

Otherwise this thread confuses me :blink:

I'm just wanting it clarified as I've asked & lobbied for things in the past only for Sam to dismiss it. If Sam is saying he'll do it then the OP should create a poll to see if the rest of the site wants it, if Sam won't do it then there's no point in a poll.

Read post 25 ....then read it again :P

I've been active on forums with "thank" buttons and IMO all they do is massage the egos of the people the thanks are aimed at. A "thank you" post is much more personal and obvious.

What, precisely, does having "thanked x times in y posts" under someones profile mean? Nothing whatsoever unless you're planning on trawling all the posts where the member has been thanked to find out what the thanks are for. What are you going to do, PM the people who have the most thanks with queries rather than post in general forums? That won't benefit anyone.

You don't have to be on the forum very long to be able to see who the helpful/knowledgeable members are.

Can't see the point - especially if, as Sam says, there are more pressing issues with the running/maintenance of the site.

Edited by StuBeeDoo

Post 25 is you agreeing with MIT

Not for me it isn't :D

That's because there are hidden posts in here. They'll show up for you but not the others.

Post 25 is you agreeing with MIT

Not for me it isn't :D

That's because there are hidden posts in here. They'll show up for you but not the others.

Thanks Gaz ;)