marcd90

M-Parallel on my touring

just picked up a set that needs refurbing and have no tyres, what tyres do you recommend for e46 touring lowered on eibach pro kit I no I will need a stretch

fronts 18x8.5 et15 I was thinking 215 35 18

rears 18x9.5 et25 would I get away with 265 35 or would 255 be better

will that setup work

Edited by marcd90

You'll need more like a 215 or a 225 on the rear... It will probably look a little silly with so much stretch and the car being not very low since the pro kit doesn't lower the E46 a great deal.

cheers for the fast replys ,I figured I would have to get the arches rolled ,didn't think I would have to go that low on the rear tyres ,do you think thats enough tyre for the back seems small what would grip be like ?

Cheers for the info guys ,not sure if this was a good idea now didnt think I would need to get adjustable coilovers as well to make them work , think I might just sell them back on and get something with a better fitment

would the fronts fit the back better if so would the 225 40s be ok again or still the 215 35s as I took a rear wheel to a mates place to try and

IMAG0643-1.jpg

IMAG0642.jpg

IMAG0640.jpg

tyre stretch looked good lol

IMAG0638.jpg

also is the arch gap this bad as I just jacked it up an only one 18 on and would the gap drop down more with 18s all round ?

IMAG0641.jpg

I do really like the wheels but dont want to go silly low with lots of camber , ive seen loads of bms with 18s with similar suspension setup to mine an still look good all down to tyre profile I guess , so I was thinking of trying what should of been the front wheels on the rear as there 8.5j then buying some 8js for the front but not had chance to get tyre fitted yet so still dont no it that will work , and I my then buy the eibach sports spring

i machined a few mm of the inside face of my 18" M3 rears to get them onto my 330d touring...

worked a treat

225/40/18 and on eibach pro's

it looks spot on & no rubbing unless I'm 5 up, and lots in the boot...

but it really does depend on how much meat there is in the pad to begin with... the M3 rears had quite a lot... not looked at an M parallel for years.

i machined a few mm of the inside face of my 18" M3 rears to get them onto my 330d touring...

worked a treat

225/40/18 and on eibach pro's

it looks spot on & no rubbing unless I'm 5 up, and lots in the boot...

but it really does depend on how much meat there is in the pad to begin with... the M3 rears had quite a lot... not looked at an M parallel for years.

have you got any pictures mate ?would like to see the arch gap as mine looked stupid in the pictures above