kirkynut

Kirkynut's Mrs' Topaz 325i SE Saloon

Mot just passed but with advisories for corrosion on rear jacking points and ball joints on front suspension have slight play.

I'm not chasing rust by having it welded each year, so I'll likely flog it soon and we'll get a new family car. The Mrs likes Audis. 

I'm likely to sell mine to add money to the pot and get a town car to make parking at work easier.

Kirkynut 

Today I've changed the engine oil and filter, air filter and pollen filter on the Mrs 325i as it's been a while. Longer than I had realised as it's done 8338 miles on this oil. I usually do it every 6k.

Not to worry as this will likely be it's last oil change. I've finally had time to look at the rust the MOT man found and passed it on.

It's unlikely to pass another MOT. Behind the rear nearside jacking point does not look good. 

So we shall either have to sell it with some MOT left on it or scrap it at the next MOT. 

It could be welded but our toddler has ruined the interior too, so we shall start to look to replace it. As I've eluded to before, it will likely be an Audi as that's what she wants. An RS4 Avant would be nice but that isn't going to happen! I'd rather pay some mortgage off than spend that much on a car!

We've had this E46 for 7 years and 58k miles for £3k. I think that's money well spent! It'll be 8 years and 64k when we're done with it if we keep it until next MOT. 

You don't appear to get as much for £3k now mind!

The Mrs' E46 has now been replaced by a 2006 Skoda Octavia vRS estate in blue. 

We still have the E46 on the drive whilst we decide what to do with it.

I've still got my E46 320i saloon automatic but often consider something else. I'm torn between ease of driving an automatic vs the sportiness of a good manual. The 320i auto is never going to be a quick car either.

Kirkynut 

The eBay buyer failed to show up and pay. Complete Messer! 

It got to £475, which is more than scrap. I'll second chance it unless anyone on here wants it for spares and can collect it this weekend for that amount.

I'll give a forum members first dibs if I'm contacted before the end of tomorrow when the dispute process ends and I offer if to the next highest bidder.

Kirkynut