bungers

SPAM

Canyou have a report alert/button icon because some spam is in replies to topics,it would save you weeding them out?

There already is a report function! :thumbsup:

I'm sure there is work going on behind the scenes to remedy the situation, but the "high risk" status of the forum is worrying. :o

You can report posts on Tapatalk, I've done loads over the past couple of days. On Tapatalk if the highlight the post you want to report then press the 3 little dots in the top right hand corner it gives you a drop down menu with a report button..... Simples.

Bit old hat anyway, most people use tapatalk from their phones (which does have a report function apparently).

I don't like tapatalk at all, I use the full site on the phone. ;)

Have to say I'm with you there, full site is much nicer to use [emoji2]

Bit old hat anyway, most people use tapatalk from their phones (which does have a report function apparently).

I don't like tapatalk at all, I use the full site on the phone. ;)

Sausage fingers + full site don't mix even on a 5" screen. Even on an I fad or tablet it's too small IMO.

Even more popping up as we type, I say lock the fooking front door while it's sorted.

This place is getting unusable now

I'm sure The Team must be attempting "damage limitation" behind the scenes, but you have to remember they run the pace in their (limited) spare time. :thumbsup: Someone posted yesterday that their internet security identifies E46Zone as a high risk threat...... ......And that's not good! :o

Edited by StuBeeDoo

Maybe the team needs to be increased then.

If it's just an update required for the forum software then that's no biggy and could be done in no time. For them to be getting in all of a sudden something has either changed, or they have found a work around so the forum creators should be releasing a fix.

Why don't they just go to manual verifications in the meantime? Yes it's a pain, but getting hammered with report after report of spam then having to remove the posts will be a pain too, if not more since we are probably all reporting the same posts

The moderators should deffo be increased. Iirc it's been the same 4 and sam for the past 5 years or so. E46zone has definatley grown in that time & is very popular now. I know the current moderators do a great job, but there would be no harm in having a few more

I'm admin over on a Xenforo site and we use manual approval for all memberships. Bit of a PITA but I reckon right now only 1 in 30 submissions is for a real person. All the rest are recognised spam accounts or hacked accounts - you get familiar with the format of the names, ISPs etc. pretty quickly.

If the 'Zone is set up in the same way as the forum I admin on then it's only admin who can approve memberships - mods can only delete spam and moderate/ban people after they've identified themselves as a spammer by posting crap.