Gaz

Off Topic Chat Volume 4

I thought it was a good joke :cry:

It was either that or something to do with proof of having a nice car means you can pick up birds...

(Now would be a bad time to say that isn't a bird in his grille)

Well I never Joe, look at number 7

www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/property/11826138/In-pictures-Beautiful-homes-in-the-10-happiest-and-most-affordable-commuter-towns.html?frame=3417308

Edited by Sam

Wooo! Aylesbury!

Average salary though, £35k?! :o Really? Not based on the people I see around! That's also 10k more than the average salary in Oxford, which doesn't seem right...

It all depends on how the average is calculated. So many students with daddy footing their £2k/month rent bill.

I struggle to see £25k as average of residents, the cheapest studio apartment is £650/month. that'd leave less than £1k for everything else. And an average, so people have less than that?

Unless you can find 1 body who's done all of it, with the same measures, it's pointless. I've just found an article stating the national average is £28k, so Oxfords average is less than that and Aylesburys is more? I don't think that's right.

It's all tosh. People I know earn multiples of what the average is in their sector. Who are the people doing the same job for LESS than the average, when they could earn so much more?

As I said, I'm not sure what you do with a £1600 take home and £800 in rent. You'd be eating beans and never going out. Is this really what average is?

Edited by Sam

Agreed, but there doesn't seem to be a breakdown by town by the same study (that I've seen). Either way, there's lies, damn lies, and statistics...

I guess those people who, maybe like me, don't have quite the experience to move into the top rung of their sector pay scale? (Although I think I'm still slightly above, according to job sites etc) Or those who don't care for money, and would rather earn less to spend time with children (why?!?!) or something?

Edit - I'm somewhere in the middle of the salary range, but I'm happy. Good fringe benefits help too.

Edited by TriggerFish

Esp. when someone's said it's uneconomical to repair, with a value of over £40k! That's gotta be £££ worth of damage.

Edit - £56k and up on BMW's site for a brand new M3

Edited by TriggerFish

If i could ever afford to drop £42.5k on a car......i don't think i could buy it knowing it is a Cat D.

I know absolutely nobody on here will agree but with that money I'd get a Toyota landcruiser diesel with the best spec I could find. Not only are they an all round brilliant vehicle, they hold their value like nothing else on the road.

Edited by Rob-