Cannockwolf

AFR Gauge Options

Im thinking about putting an AFR Gauge in to monitor the mix, don't want to run it lean/rich again after all this work, is there a gauge thats not going to look horrible on the dash?

so far I've only seen huge 2" dials,

m looking for as discreet as possible, any ideas?

You need one with a wideband lambda for a start, ones that run off the original lambda sensors are gash.

You also want one that gives you an actual AFR number, not a load of coloured lights flickering away.

There are a few options, assuming you want something oem looking with amber illumination?

Defi (if you have deep pockets), Innovate or AEM, all do gauges that would be suitable IMO

Avoid innovate they are gash sensors burn out frequently on mine & at £60 a go it ain't funny.

NCK make a nice unit that is simple LED display & it uses a widely available Bosch sensor, techedge are also well spoken off

BUT the reality of forced induction is by the time you see a big enough change in AFR reading your mota will already be toast.

Intake temps & EGT are prob as if not more important but again unless linked to your ECU all your going to be doing is picking up the pieces.

Avoid innovate they are gash sensors burn out frequently on mine & at £60 a go it ain't funny.

NCK make a nice unit that is simple LED display & it uses a widely available Bosch sensor, techedge are also well spoken off

BUT the reality of forced induction is by the time you see a big enough change in AFR reading your mota will already be toast.

Intake temps & EGT are prob as if not more important but again unless linked to your ECU all your going to be doing is picking up the pieces.

I have the intake temp showing through my torque app, wouldnt it be useful to know if its running lean again through a vacuum leak, then i would know something was up as it was running fine even though it was lean and the dash didnt light up

Hi mate, did you manage to install afr gauge? I am thinking to get latest "pro sport"  -around £200 for it. Also where I am supposed to plug it in? We have two pipes for bank 1 and bank 2...