Superliminal

Eonon GM5150 Review

Anybody any idea to get the nav into miles instead of km?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

its prob in the settings of the actual Van program... but If I'm honest with you bud I would get rid of the pre installed software and use something else.. I use iGo Primo and never really have a problem.. you need to find a version that is for "WinCE" I think I'm using Version 8.. there are instructions all over the net ;)

Just installed one recently and a few issues:-

It was a pig to try and get the radio to pick up anything except the local radio station. The only solutions offered on line suggested changing out the powered Facra/din connector that came with the unit. Rather than waiting for one to be delivered I tested the head unit with a 2 meter long hand held antenna connected to it and it started picking up stations perfectly. However It appears the unit just didn't like initializing with a powered antenna as it now works perfectly connected up to the stock adapter that came with the unit.

Second issue is the Can Bus. Steering wheel controls seemed to be working for the first hour or so after connecting up the red box but now nothing. Either I've managed to burn it out in a few hours or I need to learn how to wire it up properly using the sw1 sw2 cables. I've tried putting my BMW head back in and the SWC's worked fine but still no joy with the Eonon. Anyway, I gave up trying for now as connecting it up to the car properly appears to be beyond me despite me having a decent working knowledge of 'rocket science'. If anyone can provide a better explanation than the Pigeon English one in the handbook or recommend someone around the Hartlepool area who's got the car set functions and SWC's working satisfactorily I'd be very grateful.

Also, I've not had too much time to play (baring in mind the other issues I've had) but I cant seem to mirror my galaxy s3 screen onto the unit. It starts connecting with all share cast but then seems to cut off after 15 seconds leaving me with a blank screen on the head unit. Could have something to do with the fact my phone is rooted but I doubt it. Has anyone actually got the mirroring working? If it's just my phone I'm not too worried as I should be able to upgrade to the Galaxy S5 in next month but if it's an issue with the unit I'll be sending it back as it's the main reason I got it.

Edited by Like I stoleit!

Just installed one recently and a few issues:-

It was a pig to try and get the radio to pick up anything except the local radio station. The only solutions offered on line suggested changing out the powered Facra/din connector that came with the unit. Rather than waiting for one to be delivered I tested the head unit with a 2 meter long hand held antenna connected to it and it started picking up stations perfectly. However It appears the unit just didn't like initializing with a powered antenna as it now works perfectly connected up to the stock adapter that came with the unit.

Second issue is the Can Bus. Steering wheel controls seemed to be working for the first hour or so after connecting up the red box but now nothing. Either I've managed to burn it out in a few hours or I need to learn how to wire it up properly using the sw1 sw2 cables. I've tried putting my BMW head back in and the SWC's worked fine but still no joy with the Eonon. Anyway, I gave up trying for now as connecting it up to the car properly appears to be beyond me despite me having a decent working knowledge of 'rocket science'. If anyone can provide a better explanation than the Pigeon English one in the handbook or recommend someone around the Hartlepool area who's got the car set functions and SWC's working satisfactorily I'd be very grateful.

Also, I've not had too much time to play (baring in mind the other issues I've had) but I cant seem to mirror my galaxy s3 screen onto the unit. It starts connecting with all share cast but then seems to cut off after 15 seconds leaving me with a blank screen on the head unit. Could have something to do with the fact my phone is rooted but I doubt it. Has anyone actually got the mirroring working? If it's just my phone I'm not too worried as I should be able to upgrade to the Galaxy S5 in next month but if it's an issue with the unit I'll be sending it back as it's the main reason I got it.

Hi mate, no idea on the mirroring bit - mine's an S3 and it works fine, both pre 4.3 update and after.

As for the steering wheel controls - SW1 and SW2 aren't for the steering wheel - they're switched lives for amps and stuff. You should only need the canbus box to get it working - at least that's what I've done!

I'll have another look at the wiring this weekend - I've decided to put the standard business CD unit back in and sell the Eonon. The novelty has worn off and whilst it's a good unit I don't use all the functions and miss the general OE-ness of the original!

Ok sorry for bringing an old thread back to life but bought my gm5150 in September 2014 and it been lying about from then till now due to 2 years of bodywork and welding being done. Wired it all up the with reverse camera and all other accessories.

Problem is with handbrake wire wired up for legality the hand break light doesn't go out unless it's unplugged from the head unit dose it need a resistor wired in or anyone else had this problem?