Sign in to follow this  
Jq_quint1

Head rest screens no sound ?

Hi Folks,

So I've only had the car a couple of weeks now and have plenty of priority tasks to complete....But we all have the minor tasks that are a "nice to have fixed" and this is one of them.

The car I bought came with :

- front satnav screen (none widescreen)

- rear multi cd

- rear dvd nav (now removed due to parasitic battery drain)

- screens in both headrests

- Veba dvd player in cubby box next to steering wheel

So the kids are hassling me to get the screens working.

After fiddling with the S video cabling in the screens I got a picture from the dvd player but no sound at all.

Now I assume the sound will be fed directly into the cars speaker system but how/where is this done? What is confusing me is that there isn't any aux options on the nav screen to even select another source and mode selects only tape/cd or radio...

I'm really not into ICE so this is a little alien to me, so any advice on where to kick off investigations appreciated..

Jay.

This is a non oem setup, so it's anyones guess as to how it's been installed, you'd be better speaking to a local car hifi installer

Hi Rich - yeah I realise its none oem, was kinda hoping for "typically" how/where the dvd would be wired to enable sound through the cars system...

Its no big deal just yet, worse case i'll have to start ripping out carpets and panels to trace wires..

Greg - so there are aux inputs in the none widescreen HU ?

All the stuff for a nav setup is in the boot, behind the carpets on the passenger side, the head unit is just a screen

There is no aux input as standard at that age though...

No headphone sockets on the screens ?

I now it is a silly question but it does happen have you checked the volume on the screens

Might have an fm sender try tuning you radio around 88.3, 88.7also alot of screen have ir senders buillt in you might need headphones check the surround of the screens see if you can see the senders they are small red leds

Edited by marcd90

Ahhh folks the small red LEDs! Right so it looks like I need some wireless headphones. Are they all typically using the same frequency, I mean does it matter what type I buy?