jameslehill94

My Facelift BMW 318Ci M-Sport Project

All the photo's i've posted are all old ones haha, I have removed them now! :thumbup:

Little update!

Yesterday night whist driving to my girlfriends an old lay decided it would be a good idea to see how close she could get to my car whilst driving past. Ripping my mirror clean off! (Cheers Love!)

Luckly I got the plate so i've reported it to the Police and insurance, however she hasn't contacted anyone about the it...

Im waiting for the claim to go through but my insurance company have said it could take weeks to months....... (Not Happy)

There are a few chips in the door when you can see the bare metal underneath, there are a few chips and scratches in the glass, and my mirror is non exsistent, with wires hanging out :punk:

I've been looking at cheap 'M3 Style Mirrors' on ebay for 40 quid, has anyone ever used these? (There only a replacement untill the claim goes through) So I can drive it, and so i dont have to drive my mums lime green corsa!! :cry:

Thanks

James

I'd also be wary about how much your future insurance costs will go up, esp. at a young age.

I bet you'll find it's more than the cost of the repair. (Gotta love insurance! Forced to have, penalised for using it)

Be careful with those, yours will be a ribbon mirror connection and most cheapo ones are 12 or 6 pin and therefore wont fit your car

Maybe someone on here has a spare ?

Ohh right, it does say they will fit icludes base plates ect.. but.. this is ebay haha

If anyone does have a spare its the drivers side?

I'd also be wary about how much your future insurance costs will go up, esp. at a young age.

I bet you'll find it's more than the cost of the repair. (Gotta love insurance! Forced to have, penalised for using it)

I know at the moment im not at fault and she's in the wrong as she hasn't even reported the accident, however I know how insurance work and there all out to make money! and that is too true!!

I know at the moment im not at fault and she's in the wrong as she hasn't even reported the accident, however I know how insurance work and there all out to make money! and that is too true!!

Doesn't stop them jacking the price up though :( Bunch of robbing douches

My dad got hit while stationary (took his footbrake off in favour of handbrake, car behind assumed he was going when his lights went out so just drove into the back of him -_-). My mum and dad share a policy, and it's put it up for them, but it's also made my mum more expensive as a named driver on my sister's policy, despite the fact the my mum wasn't even in the car.

Legalised robbery!

Still, sorry to hear for the damage. Maybe tray a breaker's yard? They're only held in with three or four bolts.

Edited by TriggerFish

I have a spare mirror but its a 12 pin not ribbon, if your desperate its yours but I would wait for a ribbon one personally

Whats the difference between 12 pin and ribbon? This is my first BM so new to this haha

Cheers James

Doesn't stop them jacking the price up though :( Bunch of robbing douches

My dad got hit while stationary (took his footbrake off in favour of handbrake, car behind assumed he was going when his lights went out so just drove into the back of him -_-). My mum and dad share a policy, and it's put it up for them, but it's also made my mum more expensive as a named driver on my sister's policy, despite the fact the my mum wasn't even in the car.

Legalised robbery!

Still, sorry to hear for the damage. Maybe tray a breaker's yard? They're only held in with three or four bolts.

Yeah tell me about it!

Really?! What sort of moron does that?! Haha what a total joke!

Im not really bothered about the damage as I can get a new window and mirror and my friend has a spray booth so can get the door resprayed,

its just a pain and could have really done without it + why should I pay for it when its not my fault?

Ohh well! Live goes on ayee!

James

No problem, ribbon is the connector inside the mirror, all wires joined together, kinda like an old hard drive cable inside a PC (if your into computers you ll get it), 12 pin is 12 separate wires all stuck together with BMW tape and connected to a 12 pin connector

Okay im getting you now, thanks haha,

Ill take it off tomorrow and see what type it is and let you know, its only electrically adjusted, not heated or eletrical fold up.

James

New Updates!

Thread sort of dyed for a while, but I have managed to get the wingmirror repaired and back on the car now (Y)

So have continued with the modding!

Recently installed a Eonon D5150 headunit I bought from a friend, along with a new vibe slick sub and amp.

I also bought some new number plate surrounds and plates, and also tinted my front fogs in yellow.

So this is how it sits at the moment :thumbup:

I have recently plastidipped the wheels black, and tbh after a few months they are holding up really well! so not bad for £60.
(The only problem with is is im not to keen on the matt finish, so debating powdercoating them, or getting some new wheels!

It also went in for it's MOT a few days ago and.......it failed :(

There was a hole in the exhaust and brake pads and discs were worn!

So first job was to change the front brake discs and pads! Which I got from auto part for £104 (Y) Bargain!

I then went to Longlife in baisingstoke (As the Oxford one is now shut!) to get my exhaust done which set me back £200 (Y)

Back to the garage to pass the MOT and all is sweet for another year! :)

Heres how the car now sits below!

Not sure what to do next, Have been debating tinting the windows!? Thoughts?!