Naj

Naj's E46

When you planning doing your detail Naj? Thinking about buying some of the menzerna stuff myself. Well it's between the menzerna and 3m big 3, you will have to let us know how you get on

Mid-next week perhaps. Got a week or so before I need to start thinking about Disso. I think I'm going to go in with the SF2500 on a medium cutting pad and see how I get on..

Also need to check the weather reports haha, if the weather is good I'll spend Tuesday doing it!

Exhaust tomorrow!

6c909cb1f691dcb3003f2e6f6c072467.jpg

Only slightly excited [emoji85]

Via Mobile Telecommunications Device

let me know when you want me to bring mine over for you to do ;)

Haha! Get the equips on and we'll plan a detailing day [emoji48]

Via Mobile Telecommunications Device

Right! I've stopped driving it around for long enough now to update this...

Well, when I originally had the exhaust booked in, I lost a very close family member so I was held up that week with family stuff.

The following week though while trying to get back to normal life, I got the car booked in for the exhaust again on the Monday. What can I say! I was worried it would sound boy racer-ish being a 4 pot and all... but I'm so impressed! Really love it, on idle its very civilised, motorway drone is minimal - but when you floor it, it screams! I haven't got a video worth showing off yet, but will get one up soon :)

I also picked up 20mm spacers off a friend... which turned out to be 25mm! They're bolt on spacers so feels a bit safer than the extended bolts and hubcentrics. I also got the MOT done, got an advisory on the rear brake discs. So they're due to be changed soon! Will get them done next pay day :) Also also also, I got the ambers on. Still need boot lights!

I spent today using the DAS6 Pro... First time and the weather wasn't really on my side - dry and blue skies though so I thought I would give it a go. I clayyed the bottom half of the car and then went over the car with a Medium cutting pad and Megs Ultimate Compound. Didn't want to use the Menzerna stuff till I had a full day to do a 3 Stage Detail. :) came up pretty well, got rid of a lot of swirls! We waxed with Collinite 845

Anyway, the bit everyones waiting for - pictures! lol I haven't bothered to get my camera out because I'm not loving the car at the moment! haha! Now with the exhaust and the ambers I think I might get the camera out tomorrow - til then you can see the few iPhone pictures I have taken didn't take proper pictures of the ambers though lol

UzVSIUO.jpg

XPtZpLn.jpg

I never upload pictures or even take pictures of my car when its dirty... but this time...

69H5rjz.jpg

bOf5Tmc.jpg

1Kdnve9.jpg

dRnzXvN.jpg

When trying to clean it today with a friend... My hose froze up! After de-icing it it was too cold to use it, so we went to the local garage - proper asian style! 1 token, 2 cars! LOL Used the hot jet wash to clean off as much of the crap as possible, then washed it using the 2 bucket method, and then rinsed it off again before drying it with a Megs drying towel.

WBMXe9s.jpg

Both my friend and I gave our cars some love today... He has his own DAS6 Pro. I believe he went over his car with Chemical Guys V36.

59e4Rnp.jpg

dLJ2WMi.jpg

SUbGMHG.jpg

BFCl2xH.jpg

25mm Spacers at the back

NjojBPw.jpg

i3kAGX7.jpg

Better pics sometime during the week :)

That's looks really good Naj, 100 times better with 25mm spacer in the back

Thanks man, yeah looks a lot more pleasing to walk back to the car now haha.

Brave doing polishing in this cold weather lol.

Exhaust looks good and ambers, hmmmmm lol. :D

Haha, thats why I went at it with Megs UC because its not that abrasive :)

Thanks haha! Need the boot lights asap though!

Never really been a fan of the SE spec until this - looks great uve really transformed it :D - also kinda stalkin u on IG lol no biggie thought id drop a comment lol

Haha thanks bro! Means a lot! Can't wait to get the Keskins back on and have it regularly clean again haha!

LOL, Just followed you back! You never left a comment so I must have overlooked the likes

Almost lost some love for this over the past week or two.

Intermittent idling issue and excessive rattling from the engine made me hate it somewhat.. In regards to the idling issue -

I've cleaned out the MAF with no luck

I've unplugged the MAF with no luck

Read codes with no luck

I've visually checked all the pipework with no luck

Due to giving up and having uni work to worry about, I've got the car booked in on Wednesday for the following -

Oil/Filter Change

Timing Chain Tensioner

Diagnosis and fix of the idling issue

Diagnosis of the excessive rattle

General overview of mechanical stuff that goes out of my knowledge and expertise haha.

I just want it running properly again, so I can spend a day correcting the paint and getting my wheels back on!

The n42 strikes again!! I've had rough idle and engine rattle for a while now, and I've also changed numerous parts trying to chase it ou, with no luck I'm afraid Naj.

I'm not saying it's un fixable tho, it could many things and the tensioner being 1.

I hope it gets sorted and keep us posted mate

Oh god, you're scaring me now! Out of curiosity whats the mileage on yours now?

I was hoping this car would last me for a good few years till I can afford something like a Nissan GTR.

Or a helicopter.

Mines just over 100k, don't let it scare you mate. Like I said it could be something simple, wait till the mechanic has had a look.

The list goes on for me that I've changed on mine, from tensioner, solenoids, gaskets, pipes and breather.

The timing chain can stretch and go slack on these and cause the timing to run out, also the chain guides can break and cause a rattling sound.

Does it still drive ok? And has it started using any fluids

Mines just over 100k, don't let it scare you mate. Like I said it could be something simple, wait till the mechanic has had a look.

The list goes on for me that I've changed on mine, from tensioner, solenoids, gaskets, pipes and breather.

The timing chain can stretch and go slack on these and cause the timing to run out, also the chain guides can break and cause a rattling sound.

Does it still drive ok? And has it started using any fluids

Hmm, thats good to know I suppose. I'm not far off that - at 95k now...

Drives fine as far as I can tell, above ~1500rpm drives perfect and no excessive rattling.

in regards to fluids, I have to top up oil couple of months (around 2000 mile intervals) as that when it goes from max to the minimum marker. The oil light sometimes stays on after I turn off the car which reminds me to check the oil.. and then fill it up. I never really worried about it and told my mechanic to check for any slow leaks. Although he said that to his experience a little bit of consumption is normal?

Ok so following on from my mechanical issues... The engine seems to be all well and breathing clearly now with a new MAF and a fresh oil change. Although the clutch is now playing up after the NEM Meet on Saturday (21/02). So the car is off the road for the time being - the car is on 95k is it worth changing the flywheel at the same time as doing the clutch?

Before the meet though, after I got my car back I did get my wheels back on! Heres lots of pictures lol

Getting in the air..

pPrEl5E.jpg

One side done..

yffOuv8.jpg

SSLybOy.jpg

Then I tried on the 25mm spacers at the front as opposed to 15mm..

25mm -

JzWfFoR.jpg

BeYabIN.jpg

15mm -

AfRvCRd.jpg

I like the 25mm spacers but at the current height it's too far out and I can't turn lol and it started raining so I thought I'll stick to 15mm's and raise it another time!

Then gave it an obligatory wash!

AfRvCRd.jpg

ip21Nm8.jpg

7Qh32go.jpg

gNk4cu0.jpg

kODrhMQ.jpg

vtF8HM5.jpg

:D

Then I took about a million more pictures..

vtF8HM5.jpg

T3TZ5dB.jpg

lposPNb.jpg

SmKoq1Q.jpg

zm7BLjq.jpg

s7mxi0e.jpg

nPNGZHg.jpg

R7G36KQ.jpg

yhvhXyu.jpg

axwSR0p.jpg

m5tlNqp.jpg

6h4xD0x.jpg

Next on the to do list is -

Clutch (Possibly flywheel)

Timing Chain Tensioner

Discs and Pads all round + Brake fluid change and lines

Swap rear tires over from the MV1's

Dependent on how it is mechanically then cosmetically -

Raise the front, fit 25mm spacers

Measure up and sort for some sort of spacers at the back to have it equal to the front

Facelift rear boot lights

Respray front Kidney Grilles properly - or source a chrome set and leave them chrome

Drive and enjoy! :)