benny2097

Bennys supercharged 330ci update

Car looks very nice mate, plus with the 320 think you'll get some shocked faces, I also like the fact that your more about the go than the show !!

When I've read about the sc 330's on here I do wonder why you didn't go for an m3 more power to start and chassis wise far superior to a normal e46 and you can get decent examples for about 10 grand or less but hats off to you for your efforts though.

The whole check book vs diy debate is a difficult one years ago I used to do all maintenance required and all mods to engines, gearboxes, suspension etc, rebuilt my mk1 golf gti mechanically from ground up, but body work I'd do the welding required (am coded welder by trade does help) but final paint and finishing that's for the experts, but these days for basic maintenance and some mods which require ramps etc I just pay a garage to do it

Due to past experience thinking my swaying towards autosri's opinion

Plus really liking that brake set up !!!!!!!

Car looks very nice mate, plus with the 320 think you'll get some shocked faces, I also like the fact that your more about the go than the show !!

When I've read about the sc 330's on here I do wonder why you didn't go for an m3 more power to start and chassis wise far superior to a normal e46 and you can get decent examples for about 10 grand or less but hats off to you for your efforts though.

The whole check book vs diy debate is a difficult one years ago I used to do all maintenance required and all mods to engines, gearboxes, suspension etc, rebuilt my mk1 golf gti mechanically from ground up, but body work I'd do the welding required (am coded welder by trade does help) but final paint and finishing that's for the experts, but these days for basic maintenance and some mods which require ramps etc I just pay a garage to do it

Due to past experience thinking my swaying towards autosri's opinion

Plus really liking that brake set up !!!!!!!

reason I didn't buy a m3 is I like the sleeper look and I much prefer the headlights of the facelift coupe over the m3 front end

Ah I see, I prefere the pre facelift so my coupe is a 52 plate, but the colour on yours is probably one of the best, is it a clubsport ? if so glad it doesn't have the spoiler on think they are gash !!

looks well mate, you had it on a dyno yet ??

Ah I see, I prefere the pre facelift so my coupe is a 52 plate, but the colour on yours is probably one of the best, is it a clubsport ? if so glad it doesn't have the spoiler on think they are gash !!

looks well mate, you had it on a dyno yet ??

no its an individual was in at BMW today for air bag recall and mechanics were impressed by the fact its a sleeper one of them offered to buy car but its not for sale yet thinking I might give it to my other half and buy a supra if I do decide to change cars

Just had a read up through your thread,interestingly I note how much you guys paid getting the ess charger,through autoenhance with fitting it was under £5500 for me,but then I'm special lol.

As to others thoughts on buying an m3 instead ,have a drive of a twin scroll blower car first,while the m3 is revving up the the 330 ess tuned car has gone I know I've done it a few times and I've got a go pro shoot of me pushing a Ferrari .enjoy them how ever you get them to how you want them just watch out for old farts at junctions

Bit of an update fitted new discs to rear and brembo sport pads front and rear today need to buy some handbrake shoes as ones fitted are absolutely dead falling apart but everywhere closed today will do that when I get parts and time.

20150830_165655_zps7rmejtys.jpg

20150830_175946_zps0yvcwnip.jpg

well the new pads are very good didn't want full on track pads which require heat for them to work wanted fast road so will bite from cold as well and these are very good and do exactly that. I have tried most pads in past and rate these very highly they were recommended to me by friend who owns/runs AS Performance I was going to go with performance friction pads but know from past experience they require a bit heat in them before they work properly.

Looking very smart mate

For afr I used an aem uego for the nitrous oxide on the e46 and I bought another aem one to go in the s14a

I used one of them in my impreza good gauges not going to bother on BMW i don't think

I'm guessing I've missed it somewhere but how much bhp is this running now? Looks awesome by the way.

Never had it on dyno so don't know
I thought SC'ing a car would require a new ECU/remap, which would mean it's been on a dyno.. Unless you got it road mapped?

Apologies if this is a bit of a newbie question but I'm new to SC'ing BMWs.

Edited by LiamGTR

you get a custom map with the charger kit

as Cannockwolf said but I have changed to smaller pulley and ess told me existing map would be ok I am hoping to get a custom map when I eventually fit some FI Cams and play with pulley sizes.

How big is your current pulley?

Did you make it yourself?

it is 83mm same as one used in old ts2 kits but ESS went up to 85mm and changed map to make same power. I bought pulley from ess and they estimated an extra 10bhp over 85mm pulley on current ts2 map

I bought adaptors from creation motorsports I think they were called for non m cars and hose kit and after that it was just a straight bolt onto std hubs using csl disks if you use m3 discs you have to machine caliper mounts down