The_Judge_

Sufs' 330d M Sport w/ SMG Paddleshift retrofit but otherwise generally falling apart body ....

Car passed it's MOT Today :) and poly bushes fitted to the rear :)

However, a few observations by John my mechanic ... Screw in rear offside tyre, offside shock absorber beginning to weep, offside rear spring broken at the base, slight play in steering spindle .....

I'm glad John uses a half-blind MOT tester .... :)

However, a few observations by John my mechanic ... Screw in rear offside tyre, offside shock absorber beginning to weep, offside rear spring broken at the base, slight play in steering spindle .....

would a coupe suspension fit your car?

No idea ?!? You no disposed of your old ones ?

No idea ?!? You no disposed of your old ones ?

Haven't fitted the new ones yet..

But nothing wrong with my old ones just standard set up... Also would be gathering dust in the shed 

Do some research and let me know... But there yours if you want them

Edited by Mr Xen

Should fit just fine

God-has-spoken_zpsuzy0hw8d.jpg

Thanks dude, I'll probably take you up on this. What i need to research/ think about is, since I'm replacing M Sport suspension, is this my opportunity to go for Bilstein/Eibach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on your budget .... But at least this will give you more time to get some money together for decent coilovers :)

Pete, was yours sports suspension, whats the part number? Mine is 33522282461http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/part?id=ER92-EUR-02-2002-E46-BMW-330d&mg=33&sg=45&diagId=33_0841&q=33522282461 

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=ER92-EUR-02-2002-E46-BMW-330d&diagId=33_0841

That time of the year again ....

38729810534_66b0238b8e_b.jpg

27660842349_6c92ffcf0b_b.jpg

38559685175_c4669b3cc5_b.jpg

24571464127_8847a63741_b.jpg

39437680781_ba7abe7625_b.jpg

Need to refurb my alloys one day ......

Edited by The_Judge_

11 hours ago, The_Judge_ said:

That time of the year again ....

:thumbsup:

I'll be doing mine Friday night.

So, don't think it's the winter wheels, more likely the new Poly bushes on the rear. But I just took the car on a smal drive in the winter - it handles so much more better - oh and virtually no tramlining compared to a few weeks ago :)

Looks like today is going to be an expensive day :( I bought new rear suspension off a member here and through no fault of theirs, MyHermes have totally f*cked up and nothing has arrived. In hindsight I should have bought a Bilstein eibach kit as soon as I needed this doing from Germany, but now all these weeks later I'm desperate and my offside is visibly lower. So today I've just left my cat at F1 tyres for new track rod ends, full wheel alignment, new rear springs and shocks .... Suppose it will handle better afterwards!

Hermes are s**t! I've had problems with them and since won't use them.

Any chance of the sender getting his money back?

Typically,  I got all the work done to the car,  got home and after the weeks there was a blue MyHermes card in my letterbox,  and behind my outside bins was the parcel ........

Edited by The_Judge_

Sod's law mate,at least your car is sorted,how's it driving now?mine suffers terrible tramlining,have had the front bushes done was thinking about getting alignment checked too.

Definitely less wobbly, less play in steering wheel

Replaced the headlight lenses today after a lot of advice from TriggerFish - Thanks Joe. I had tried to repair the lenses myself previously with a repair kit, but that was an epic fail - mainly because of my poor skills I guess!

Old and new lenses can be seen below:

16145969965_45d423a8ce_b.jpg

Unfortunately, about 10 minutes later I was on the road at the same time as an idiot and we bumped each other, minor damage to my drivers side wheel arch now [emoji20]

My lights are in need of restoration which I was planning on doing at some point but just seen this. Can you just replace the lenses for new ones??

Yep. Just clip in/out. £50-60 for decent make replacements. I got mine from eBay.de

Typically,  I got all the work done to the car,  got home and after the weeks there was a blue MyHermes card in my letterbox,  and behind my outside bins was the parcel ........

Typical! At least you could sell them on

Yep, like those, just make sure they facelift etc. Easy to fit, about 10 minutes work

Yup, easy, Triggerfish recommended me the lenses, he knows it all !