TriggerFish

Joe's E30 325i Sport - new engine started!

Parked waaaay to close to the house for access to the passenger's side though. I can just about lie next to it, but I need to be sideways, I lay with my shoulders pressed to the floor.

At least it's about 400kg lighter than the e46 to push around!

Need to by some solder now I think of it - I've got about 1-2inches left.

Well if your really stuck :lol:

Edit ... Rob beat me to it :)

Edited by Mr Xen

Popped via maplins to get some, but thanks for the offers!

There's a massive slit in the rubber line into the fuel rail. Just need to find out how long it is and buy some tomorrow, and I should be good to go again.

Then I'll solder it elsewhere ;)

Also found out the reason why the headlight washers weren't working.

The pipe from the motor had been bunged, as had the pipes to the lights. I reconnected the motor pipe, only to find the T-piece it connects too leaks also. Will try to grab a spare at some point.

I also got the driver's side wiper motor working too. It's going out of line, but it moves at least :D

Just got to sort the passenger's side, and I'll be good to go

Lovely car, theres just something about the 80's bmw's and have to say in the last 2-3 years they seem to have become a lot more thin on the ground and you definately have one of the most desireable models. Its always great fun sorting issues on the older cars and seeing some of the repairs etc carried out by previous owners! Do you still have your e46?

Yep, agreed. Huge sense of satisfaction from doing it yourself.

Agreed, i think the 80s was one of their best era's for design also.

Yeah, still got the e46 for daily use :)

This is a backup for when the e46 breaks down ;)

I was torn between one of these or an e28 but as id already had 2 e30s I went for a 28, still kept hold of her 330d as is a cracking car and probably not worth selling at the moment

Ah, yes, I remember you posting up your '28. Lovely, lovely car. The e30 is something I've hankered after for a while, but I'd not turn an e28 down.

Yeah, my 330d won't be worth selling, so might as well run it into the ground IMO.

I have that in mine as well as the rear view mirror with map reading lights and these little bits and pieces are really starting to command quite a lot of money and are not so easy to find these days

Forgot to say...

Bell loves your E30

Winning :D

Laura is warming up to the idea :thumbsup:

Forgot to say...

Bell loves your E30

Winning :D

Laura is warming up to the idea :thumbsup:

Bell has good taste! Good to hear too. Now just get her to let you buy one before the end of the summer (so June time!-_-)

Found a little bit of rust on the roof today, which was a real kick in the teeth. All around by the stupid sunroof.

I also then found this, which looks like it could be a good way to solve the problem, and I can remove the sunroof and cassette at the same time too.

http://www.absmotorsport.co.uk/index.php/BMWE30RSF-50a123f0b6447-detail#.U1KPDPldWaV

Found a couple of promising restoration places, both in MK, who I'll pay a visit too on Tuesday, as my work doesn't reopen until Wednesday. :) One of which has had a slew of e30s in, and suggests you can help out too, which would be great IMO.

On the bright side, all mechanical issues are sorted now, and I've got the headlight washers spraying properly

Any more pictures of the weeeeee beastie now she's clean?

Nope. Mine's got an analogue clock. #Retro

_DSC0607.jpg

Anyway, I managed to clean it - just got changed afterwards and turned my laptop on, and now it's raining. Great timing! While cleaning, I found a few more bits of rust I need to ask about tomorrow. On the bright side, I've had it confirmed that I will be getting the inner rear arch and front flitch panel repaired/welded up for free :) Just need to get someone else to do the cosmetic bits.

Anyway, I've yapped on enough, so some gloomy, overcast pictures:

_DSC0617.jpg

_DSC0613.jpg

Can't having a cleaning post without a reflection photo:

_DSC0616.jpg

And just as the first set finished uploading, the rain eased, so here's some obligatory beading shots:

_DSC0623.jpg

_DSC0622.jpg

In other news, I got a thumbs up from a cyclist today (makes a change from the usual swearing/abuse from Oxford cyclists), and the car nearly met it's end, as a Chrysler Sebring turned right across my lane, and then blocked the road as he failed to make his turn. I must have stopped about 1-2 foot away from him. Why he started the turn I dunno, as he could see I was there. The joys of driving in the UK!

Edited by TriggerFish