The_Judge_

M Badge on rear

Seppuku has been performed!

However, since I've not had to use a hairdryer for over a decade I only got round to this job today after picking up my antique one from the folks at the weekend!

post-29789-0-54538600-1398764542_thumb.j

I'm hoping like Trickster said a bit of t-polish will remove the last bit of "ghosting":

post-29789-0-35685600-1398764569_thumb.j

Looks loads better now, who ever put that 'M' badge on like that needs to go to specsavers !!!!

I take the lot off much cleaner plus as mentioned before keeps people guessing

Edited by Fitz2282

T-cut will work but you ll need to polish the area afterwards, T-Cut is a cutting compound hence removing the top layer, the polish is then needed to protect the paintwork :)

Also you need the i badge to go on the end :P

or 'd' :)

thinking about purchasing this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-BMW-330d-boot-badge-3-series-9811-E46-E90-E91-E92-E93-1-year-guarantee-/260880790547

T-cut will work but you ll need to polish the area afterwards, T-Cut is a cutting compound hence removing the top layer, the polish is then needed to protect the paintwork :)

Also you need the i badge to go on the end :P

T cut is a polish too, it's just quite abrasive and usually does more harm than good. How exactly does this polish you're talking about protect the paintwork after t-cut has removed this "top layer" you're on about?

Sent from my GT-N7100 with a cracked screen using Tapatalk 2

Looks loads better now, who ever put that 'M' badge on like that needs to go to specsavers !!!!

I take the lot off much cleaner plus as mentioned before keeps people guessing

Thinking more and more about this idea, I think you're right, its the way forward :)

T cut is not a polish, its a cutting compound (as far as I am lead to believe)

The polish adds a layer of protection between the fresher paint and the elements

Clearly have no idea what you're talking about. All polishes are compounds of some sort with differing levels of "cut" (meaning how much paint they will remove). I wouldn't advise anyone to use t-cut because it's very aggressive and you'll end up taking away more than what's needed, it's like slicing a loaf of bread with a chainsaw...

Polish doesn't add any layer of protection, that's wax you're on about.

I think any advice about detailing is best kept to yourself until you learn a little (lot) more about it. :P

The polish adds a layer of protection between the fresher paint and the elements

Clearly have no idea what you're talking about. All polishes are compounds of some sort with differing levels of "cut" (meaning how much paint they will remove). I wouldn't advise anyone to use t-cut because it's very aggressive and you'll end up taking away more than what's needed, it's like slicing a loaf of bread with a chainsaw...

I think any advice about detailing is best kept to yourself until you learn a little (lot) more about it. :P

You're both wrong! I used T-Cut on a black car I once had, it took some effort but it eventually got rid of the black and came up a lovely stainless steel colour :thumbsup:

And your also wrong. Some cut and some fill.

SRP for example is a filler not a cutter!

And your also wrong. Some cut and some fill.

SRP for example is a filler not a cutter!

SRP is a glaze, I was talking about polishes.

You do know the P in SRP stands for polish don't you.......LOL

They're hardly going to call it SRG (super resin glaze) because most people don't know what a glaze is when it comes to detailing so that's why it's called super resin polish.

SRP does have a very small amount of cut to it (very small) but ask anyone who knows a thing or two about detailing and they'll tell you SRP is a glaze.

Might wanna get yourself onto detailingworld so you're not consistently talking b******s. :P