The_Judge_

M Badge on rear

Are you serious? I'm sure I've been on DW longer than you have. So your telling me after you've polished and then waxed your car, you put on SRP as a glaze??? LMFAO. Your doing it wrong mate.

Mine came off with a finger nail and some water.

No problems with aggression to paint there :thumbsup:

ive put one of the newer black white and grey m badges on mine to hide the scratch where some scrote nicked my 330ci badge not great but better than the nasty scratch for now

Are you serious? I'm sure I've been on DW longer than you have. So your telling me after you've polished and then waxed your car, you put on SRP as a glaze??? LMFAO. Your doing it wrong mate.

Glaze comes before wax... Glaze comes after polishing and fills in any of the minor imperfections that the polishing didn't take out or might've left behind. Glazes have little to no protective qualities so applying a glaze after wax/sealant would be stupid. If you're telling me that you polish your car, then wax it, then use SRP after waxing it then you're the one doing it wrong dude.

Also...

keep-calm-its-youre-not-your.png

Im going to get some greese lightning show room shine and show you all how to make a car shinny lol.......

I think what you really need to do is give it a good scrub with a hard yellow sponge and a squirt of fairy washing up liquid then get the tesco wax that you mix in a bucket and pour on. Should look pukka...........

And no I'm not ashamed that my detailing knowledge is better then every one else on this thread.

Sent from apple crap.

///M badges on a non ///M car are just wrong, even worse when it's a dodgy faded one in a daft place, get it removed!

It seems a few people on this topic are under the impression that an ///M is a direct association with the Motorsport division. It's not, it's M styling. Putting an M badge on the rear ( It still looks wrong though ) is no different to all the small badges elsewhere on the car.

You guys arguing about the difference between cutting compound, wax, polish and glaze are so lame!

In the olden days before half of you were born, t-cut was a cutting agent and wax was a type of polish.

Except when it came to metal when polish was a type of cutting agent...

And no I'm not ashamed that my detailing knowledge is better then every one else on this thread.

You reckon do you ? Wow your Mum must be so proud :lol:

You reckon do you ? Wow your Mum must be so proud :lol:

She gave me the sponge so i guess she is.....

Sent from apple crap.

You guys arguing about the difference between cutting compound, wax, polish and glaze are so lame!

In the olden days before half of you were born, t-cut was a cutting agent and wax was a type of polish.

Except when it came to metal when polish was a type of cutting agent...

those we're the days. I remember them like yesterday!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL how we've changed. I remember a time when you washed your car with a sponge, one bucket, rinse, dry with old towels, stood back and admired. A leather chamois and wax were considered exotic :lol:

LOL how we've changed. I remember a time when you washed your car with a sponge, one bucket, rinse, dry with old towels, stood back and admired. A leather chamois and wax were considered exotic :lol:

Times have changed, I used to get £5 from my Granddad for doing just that to his car. Now I drive to the car park of the local Tesco's, a gang of burly Eastern European men (and occasionally women) use spray guns and tubs of coloured liquid to clean the car and I pay them. (Other Nationalities are available).

Edited by The_judge aka Suf

I've taken a laissez-faire with my 330d. Nature looked after the planet for millions (or thousands, if that's your cup of tea) of years, I trust it with my car too! :lol: :rolleyes:

So, I didn't quite fancy using T-Cut, or any major cutting compound on just a small area of my car, came across this stuff in halfords and bought a pack of four scouring sponges from Wilkinsons for £2:

post-29789-0-37437300-1401036921_thumb.j

and the ghosting has gone:

post-29789-0-76527000-1401037012_thumb.j

Just a few drops of sapphire black needed now where the previous owner clearly gouged out the letter 'd'

Edited by The_judge aka Suf

Please don't tell me you use a sponge :lol:

Please don't tell me you use a sponge :lol:

The green bit on the back is brilliant for the tough dirt.......

Sent from apple crap.