ATM

Widest Wheels

Ok thanks

I've got 225 40 18 front and 255 35 18 rear at the mo.

So I guess I can't really go much wider even if I change the wheels?

I've seen some of you guys running 235 35 19 front and 265 30 19 rear which is the same size as the M3 CSL.

Would these fit - 235 40 18 front and 265 35 18 rear?

No need to roll the arches. Just fit the correct sized tyre, ie not a 265. Even M3s on a 9.5J rear don't use a 265 so a non M definitely doesn't need one.

Ok but lets say you had more power than an M3. Then you need wider rubber right?

Ok thanks

I've got 225 40 18 front and 255 35 18 rear at the mo.

So I guess I can't really go much wider even if I change the wheels?

I've seen some of you guys running 235 35 19 front and 265 30 19 rear which is the same size as the M3 CSL.

Would these fit - 235 40 18 front and 265 35 18 rear?

265/35/18 on rear looks really wide :punk:

are You lowered?

it also depends on tyre, best what You can do is go to friendly tyre shop and try different tyre makes

Edited by Krisek

No need to roll the arches. Just fit the correct sized tyre, ie not a 265. Even M3s on a 9.5J rear don't use a 265 so a non M definitely doesn't need one.

Ok but lets say you had more power than an M3. Then you need wider rubber right?

I'd have thought brand would be more important. A 305 Nakang would be less desirable than a 265 Toyo R888 or something?

Not if you fit crap branded tyres.

Not if you fit crap branded tyres.

I've just bought a set of Dunlop Sportmaxx which feel good. I've not had any traction problems but I'm still getting to know the car.

He's got 18" Cades Tyrus with 11.8mm spacers.

Of you want to change wheels to clear the brakes you need to try different wheels before purchasing.

Thanks Blair.

Do you know what widths these are?

Did you always stick to 225 40 front and 255 35 rear or did you ever try any other sizes?

Right so this is starting to become a little more clear! I take it you now own the 357 that Blair built?

I always though this car was missing a nice set of Rota Grid Drifts which you can get in decent sizes 9.5/10J IIRC. Seriously though i would probably get myself on a car limits day and just bung on some decent rubber on the tyres you have. That car is an animal and learning how not to put it sideways in a ditch would be me first priority! BTW im not saying you can't drive or owt, you may be a driving god, but otherwise if not then it would definitely be worth learning the car in a safe environment!

Oh and im fairly sure Blair spent quite some time figuring out the best wheel tyre combo, so what's on there now is probably what you should stick to. Anything bigger will probably rub or look stupid.

Edited by simonlpearce

LOL That revelation could have saved 2 pages :lol: Why not just contact Blair in the first place...

Welome to the Zone and congrats on the purchase by the way. Hope to see more of this car on the forum, maintained to the same high standard as the previous owner :thumbsup:

Yes

When I first saw it the first thing I wasn't sure about was the wheels. They're a bit too shiny. Although they look a bit better covered in brake dust. So I'd like to change them but there is no rush. I didn't buy the car because it looked good.

I changed the semi slicks for good old fashioned road tyres because the rears needed changing and I didn't feel confident with the slicks as I've never driven a car with them. I've still got them in the garage but like I say the rears are past their best.

The tyre guy did comment that the rears were very soft when he removed them. I dont know if they soften from use or if they're just soft from new.

Finally about me and my driving. I'm no driving god. Blair instantly impressed me with his driving. I'm way off his ability. I bought the car for fun which means track days. I need to do that soon. If anyone has any recommendations for track days in the not too distant then let me know.

Ok first port of call for me would be to get yourself on a Walshy Car Limts day. A car with that level of performance needs to be tamed.

http://www.carlimits.com/

Then assuming you have never been on a track day before, get to somewhere like Bedford Autodrome. Its a nice flat circuit, but is plenty fast and has basically nothing to run into if you come off as was an old airfield.

Once happy with the car my personal favourites in the UK are Cadwell and Anglesey, both cracking tracks and plenty technical to keep you amused all day long.

Ok first port of call for me would be to get yourself on a Walshy Car Limts day. A car with that level of performance needs to be tamed.

http://www.carlimits.com/

So either of these?

--------------------------------

North Weald Activity Day 16 May 2014 Price :

Friday Activity Day for All

Have fun driving in a safe environment in any car you have, increase your driving ability & have a laugh

Enjoy the high speed bend & 2 circuits on the day

£49 per vehicle

--------------------------------

North Weald Airfield (ESSEX) 10 June 2014 Price :

(2 Person Day) - £440 each

(4 Person Day) - £220 each

(Carlimits can find the extra people required for the day.)

Edited by ATM

Yep the latter of the 2 would be best as i think it is a bit more aimed at learning how to handle the car with tuition, where the first one looks like just a generic day to go play for yourself in a safe environment.

Worth giving them a bell though to see what they can offer.

Alternatively you could get on a normal track day, as most have ARDS trainers that you can pay £20 for a 20 minute session to give you some pointers. But you have to consider there will be other people on track and less room if things go wrong.

8" front

9" rear

Stick to standard sizes 225/40/18 & 255/35/18 if your doing track days go federal RSR or Nankang NS2R the RSR are ok on the road but the NS2R is too stiff for the car on the road.

Powder coat the wheels silver instead of the standard chrome & they will look much better in my view.

I have et13 17" Rondells and it has been a mission getting them looking right, these are 8.5j

I am down to 205/45 on front rear still not sorted as 225/45 doesn't work even with some cut off arches, so gonna stick 205s on same as front them stick the rear lowering springs back on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have et13 17" Rondells and it has been a mission getting them looking right, these are 8.5j

I am down to 205/45 on front rear still not sorted as 225/45 doesn't work even with some cut off arches, so gonna stick 205s on same as front them stick the rear lowering springs back on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

but the brake discs on the OP's car are bigger than your wheels......