Daz 330 Cs

Meet the most powerful production Bmw M5 ever.

If you ever questioned the existence of German humour, allow us to introduce you to the BMW M5 30 Years Edition, which has a ‘limited' top speed of 199mph.

And the '30 Jahre M5' has several other exciting performance upgrades, which add an extra seam of hooliganism on top of the newly released M5 Competition Pack.

The engine, for one, has been given a special celebratory tweak. The boost pressure on M division's twin-turbo 4.4-litre direct injection V8's been turned up, and the ECU's been adjusted to cope, so it delivers 25 more bhp, boosting the total output to 592bhp. In other words, the most powerful production BMW ever built.

On the road, that translates to a claimed 0-62mph time of 3.9sec, that limited 199mph top speed, while still managing a not-terrible 28.5mpg and CO2 emissions of 231g/km.

As per protocol, it's strictly rear-wheel drive. Power's sent via a seven-speed dual clutch gearbox, which has had a few light software upgrades to cope with the extra muscle. Which, if our maths is correct, gives the 1870kg 30 Jahre a power to weight ratio of 317bhp per tonne.

Underneath, you'll find the same stuff as you would under the M5 Competition Package, so 10mm lowering springs, 20-inch wheels with 265/40 front tyres and huge 295/40s in the back.

Elsewhere, the 30 Jahre has new steering and differential software, matt silver metallic bodywork, de-chromed accents, embossed seats, and 30 Jahre badges.

BMW's being a bit humourless about where it'll be unveiled though, but the upcoming M Festival at the Nurburgring next month seems likely.

Are you digging the fastest ever M5? Or would you prefer something a little older? Or just wait for the new M3, which we've just driven and you can read about on TopGear.com this Friday?

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/meet-the-most-powerful-bmw-m5-ever-built-2014-05-07?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=sharenowbar&utm_campaign=Share+now

Edited by Sam

The advantages of Turbo power.. REMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!

Holy moly!!

Please let me win the lottery..

just nipped out and got a lucky dip for tonight. Looks stunning. Want one.

£95,140 for the current m performance M5. What's this beauty gonna cost ?

Looks nice......

I think I'll have one...

In about 15 years...

When depreciation works its magic :lol:

I think I'll have one...

In about 15 years...

When depreciation works its magic :lol:

It would be lovely to think that, but in 15 years time, how many of the 30 due to come to the UK will be left? I can see these being another 'CSL' :-(

More info here:

http://www.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/new-vehicles/M/m5-saloon/2013/M530JahreEdition.html

Still a full second slower to 60 than the latest RS6 though.

BMW and Audi claim 0-62mph times of 3.9sec for both cars?

Producing an M5 with a 0-62mph of 4.9sec would be pointless.. I'm sure the ol' V10 was around 4.7sec..

On the road, that translates to a claimed 0-62mph time of 3.9sec, that limited 199mph top speed, while still managing a not-terrible 28.5mpg and CO2 emissions of 231g/km.

:lol: Yeah right, if that put out 28.5mpg in the real world i will eat my own turd!

Fair play though to BMW.

More info here:

http://www.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/new-vehicles/M/m5-saloon/2013/M530JahreEdition.html

Still a full second slower to 60 than the latest RS6 though.

BMW and Audi claim 0-62mph times of 3.9sec for both cars?

Producing an M5 with a 0-62mph of 4.9sec would be pointless.. I'm sure the ol' V10 was around 4.7sec..

Must have mis-read it, or it changed?? As i'm sure it said 4.7 to 62.......

RS6 is 3.7 to 62.....

Edited by My Car Still Hates Me!