Docz2K9

Docz2K9's Individual Loon!

Hi guys , some of you may know me from my e46 i had last year which died from headgasket failure. .

Since then i went onto an E36 318is Coupe & an E39 523i . . Due to boredom im now back to an e46!

Picked her up 2 weeks ago for under a £1000. She has Individual Velvet blue paint work , 90,000 on the clock , pre-facelift M-sport bumpers , msport alcantara interior , msport headlining etc. It has full service history , even a reciept for new shocks , springs & full service in december totalling a £600 bill! MOT'd until december too!

Only niggles are some lacquer peel on the drivers door & wing mirror covers , think it could be down to stonechips & water getting under the lacqer but its nothing major! & theres a water leak which i believe to be the radiator. Looked at some threads on quite a few forums & it looks to be a bowed rad!

Big plans for this one . .

• Facelift Rear Lights
  • Facelift front & rear bumpers & sideskirts
  • M-sport lip spoiler
  • New wheels
  • Coilovers
  • Thicker facelift sport steering wheel
  • Champagne/Cinnamon/Arizona Sun sports leather (havent made my mind up yet)
  • Subtle stainless steel backbox to set the back off

Hopefully ill also get the facelift headlights , bonnet & wings to convert her to a facelift saloon as they look alot more aggressive! We'll see how the first mods go first!

I also have a set of super rare 18" BBS RC061/RC062 (Style 5) alloys that im currently refurbing , bought them with sprayed silver lips with black centers in poor condition . .not sure wether to fit them or sell them on . . unsure as of yet!

Heres some pics. p.s The velvet blue colour is extremely hard to capture , its an amazing colour in real life!

C6EA1409-9087-43CF-B751-941EE8C33E11_zps

B75A28B9-9A80-4E6B-AE9F-5DFA3EBE3E82_zps

D5DD0E2A-5D8D-4F3E-B5BF-42A2D4CBBB98_zps

DEA40EFD-7D8C-4B56-888D-588803ED4A61_zps

1DC39E7E-C7EF-4803-9881-4904384420DD_zps

These are the bbs's im refurbing! Still need more work on the polishing side of things but im happy with the progress so far

47BBA6DB-7CF7-4D01-B859-F08297857921_zps

So i bought a second hand radiator from a trusted breaker i know , had been tested & worked perfectly , paid £20 for it. Can see why it was leaking now the old radiator is out . . . :o

3F3D41DF-41E1-4DCC-8124-6B94D78563A0_zps

AC277044-8C64-44A8-9E4F-D4DABFF85844_zps

It was suffering the common "bowing" , its perfect now!

Only other problem it has is the oil level light appears about 10 seconds after starting & then dissappears. Does it everytime it starts & never comes on at any other time. Checked the oil many times & its perfect & never moves . . any ideas?

Your oil level sensor in the sump is knackered, it's a really common fault.

Best to buy a Hella/OEM one as aftermarket ones can be dodgy.

As long as you check the oil level on the dip stick regularly then I wouldn't bother changing it until you do an oil change as you have to drop the oil.

Your oil level sensor in the sump is knackered, it's a really common fault.

Best to buy a Hella/OEM one as aftermarket ones can be dodgy.

As long as you check the oil level on the dip stick regularly then I wouldn't bother changing it until you do an oil change as you have to drop the oil.

Nice one cheers buddy , its just had a service so i shall leave it until its next due! :thumbsup:

As previously mentioned i want to freshen the car up with some facelift parts so i decided i would buy these LED Depo rear lights

At first i was abit unsure as they wern't oem but after fitting i have decided they will stay , all i need is some new facelift boot lights.

Before:

05A47275-1056-4811-AAAD-0ED3872FC0F3_zps

During: (New on the left)

B2E1FC64-348B-423F-9D8C-591ED3A9DFA2_zps

FC5E8B89-8950-4FA5-83A1-658BC740A1CA_zps

Will get a picture of them both fitted soon . .

Also test fitted the bbs's . . not quite sure what to say haha. . this should be fun :blink:

C42388CC-2578-49D2-B044-0C2980F97AC3_zps

Should camber in abit better if you had dropped on the floor with blocks! They should go on with the right setup

Yeh i was gunna try the block method but i could imagine the car rolling off the blocks somehow :lol:

They are going to look cracking once fitted!

Cheers Dude! :)

Yeh i have seen the same setup on loads of e46's , they are the same size as e38 style 32's.

Fronts : 18" 8J ET20 - Going with 205/40/18

Rears : 18" 9J ET22 - Going with 215/40/18

Depending how low you go mate, you will need to have arches rolled

Yeh i have seen the same setup on loads of e46's , they are the same size as e38 style 32's.

This was my next question , glad you've brought it up! Are the arch rollers you buy on ebay good to use & how easy is the paint to crack? I have a heat gun i can use but just wondering how hard it is to roll them without damaging the paint? I aim to go quite low

This was my next question , glad you've brought it up! Are the arch rollers you buy on ebay good to use & how easy is the paint to crack? I have a heat gun i can use but just wondering how hard it is to roll them without damaging the paint? I aim to go quite low

I've never rolled arches so can't say, for what you would pay for a roller, it would be best to get someone like arch enermy to do them.

As for the paint cracking, loads of people have there arches rolled and there fine. But there's loads of factors that could cause a crack, like filler, rust, poor quality paint and so on.

Hi Docz, sorry to spam your thread. But if for whatever reason you may want to sell the Style 5s let me know.

Loved your old set, however I wanted to spray the face a different colour so didnt want to ruin your hard work when they went up for sale

I think it's about £80 for 2 arches, you will only need to roll the rears the fronts should be ok

Oh really , thought id have to have the fronts done too , thats good news! :thumbup:

Hi Docz, sorry to spam your thread. But if for whatever reason you may want to sell the Style 5s let me know.

Loved your old set, however I wanted to spray the face a different colour so didnt want to ruin your hard work when they went up for sale

Everythings for sale at the right price! They are the UBER UBER rare 18" staggered set so i wouldnt let them go for less than a £1000 , a guy on ebay has sold 2 sets this year for £1600 from hungary so thats quite cheap. Could inlcude 2 basically brand new 205/40/18 tyres for the front for free at that price too! All 4 would be polished with silver centers! Let me know!

don't sell the 18's!! they are rare and fetch a premium, they are an investment and will only ever go up in value if they are mint. i test fitted a 18" 9j et22 with a 215 40 on the front of my tourer and it was all good, and my tourer is quite low