Elmo.91

Elmo's E46 Ci Track build thread.

Great skills as ever.

What's instagram ^_^

It's a photo sharing app where you can enjoy selfies of Elmo and his other half. gaTNTL1.jpg

Haha!!

Via Mobile Telecommunications Device

Pppaahahahahah Top stalking Naj top stalking lmao .

Nice Shannon ill give you a follow back now bud !

All parts are in the machine shop and iv got a nice bit of time off in December so I will be spending evrey second I can in the workshop getting her painted and built !!!

My appolagises for the lack of updates again guys I have had to take alot of time away from the car over the last few months to consontrate on my fight camps, although good progress has been made the last 2 months the car has been with the bodyshop so progress has been put of my hands, I have been told the car should be ready to come back to me on the weekend but to be honest I don't hold all that much hope.

On the plus side i have spent small fortunes on parts though, the paint colour is looking pritty fricking awesome and also as you have probably already guessed I have been tinkering on making some bit and pieces too which I'm looking farward to showing you all. Expect big things they are coming !!

20150823_192554.jpg

Edited by Elmo.91

LOL.. nearly a year..!! welcome back... and thanks i have really enjoyed reading this whole thread.. love when someone revives an old thread that i havent seen yet..

Great progress and your fettling skills are bordering on God like!!... well done... looking forward to more progress soon mate...

My mates Dad has raced beemers for years. Had a couple of 2002tii's which he has hill climbed before he got back into proper track racing with a nice E30 M3. His last car was an awesome E36 M3 which is pictured here. He sold that last year and he is currently working on a 1 series body which he will be dropping an M3 lump into it. That should be starting the season next year.0e4504dbc5d1293dea6c46130f9df3b8.jpg4324bc87d8a94a25bea3d9a83499ef62.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL.. nearly a year..!! welcome back... and thanks i have really enjoyed reading this whole thread.. love when someone revives an old thread that i havent seen yet..

Great progress and your fettling skills are bordering on God like!!... well done... looking forward to more progress soon mate...

Thank you lol its good to be back ! Been a mental last year but it's all been worth it, lots of progress coming up I'm bringing this one right out of the archives !!

Looks like some wide arches at the front there? What colour did you go for in the end?

Unfortunately there not wide arches just the wheel arch lines without the wings fitted, I see where you're coming from though and umm yea I want wide arches now. I went for a grey, got a bit of a thing for grey cars but the dessison was hard ! After lots of head scrarltching and some visits to dealerships I picked it.. all will be reveled shortly.

Is the car cover labelled BMW in case you get confused and start working on the other car in the garage :)

Looking forward to the unveiling .....

That reason exacly ! the outcome would be working on the Renault next to it promised myself I would never work on a French car again :) the cover was actually brand new in he bag for an e46 coupe I had for £20 off a work colleague.. bargain !

My mates Dad has raced beemers for years. Had a couple of 2002tii's which he has hill climbed before he got back into proper track racing with a nice E30 M3. His last car was an awesome E36 M3 which is pictured here. He sold that last year and he is currently working on a 1 series body which he will be dropping an M3 lump into it. That should be starting the season next year.0e4504dbc5d1293dea6c46130f9df3b8.jpg4324bc87d8a94a25bea3d9a83499ef62.jpg

That is fricking beautiful !! A one series with an m3 lump sounds pritty damm awesome too, wouldn't mind seeing that.

Thank you lol its good to be back ! Been a mental last year but it's all been worth it, lots of progress coming up I'm bringing this one right out of the archives !!

Looks like some wide arches at the front there? What colour did you go for in the end?

Unfortunately there not wide arches just the wheel arch lines without the wings fitted, I see where you're coming from though and umm yea I want wide arches now. I went for a grey, got a bit of a thing for grey cars but the dessison was hard ! After lots of head scrarltching and some visits to dealerships I picked it.. all will be reveled shortly.

Is the car cover labelled BMW in case you get confused and start working on the other car in the garage :)

Looking forward to the unveiling .....

That reason exacly ! the outcome would be working on the Renault next to it promised myself I would never work on a French car again :) the cover was actually brand new in he bag for an e46 coupe I had for £20 off a work colleague.. bargain !

That is fricking beautiful !! A one series with an m3 lump sounds pritty damm awesome too, wouldn't mind seeing that.
I've been down to the garage today and the car looks gorgeous. Didn't get a pic though (forgot my phone). It's white with the M stripes on it. He's not got an engine in it yet but it's going to be awesome when it's done. Will get a photo when I can.

Okay thought I'd do a bit of an update on a few things that I have been working on, My phone unfortunately killed itself so all my photo's where deleted before I could back them up so pritty much all my progress shots are gone, I will update the rest of what I have done as we go on but this is what i have on this phone so here we are.

First is the solution to a problem I had, I don't want to run any if the original stalks, switches or buttons of the original e46, because I will be wiring the car from scratch I wanted to put my twist on things as well as reducing wiring and the whole complexity of the control unit network ect, so here's what I made up... all the lights, wipers, radiator fans, fog lights ect with be run from this box and will be mounted around the gearstick area, waiting on stickers to be made up.

20150925_211653.jpg

20150925_211717.jpg

20150925_211046.jpg

20150925_211014.jpg

20150925_211030.jpg

Been spending a hell of alot of time scribling and working out wiring layouts, the trickiest so far has been the two speeds of the wipers though two buttons with a dynamic motor braking rest place, lots of head scratching and it's finaly worried out just been to put it into practice.

Snapchat-8504283579869820911.jpg

Found the perfect power distribution box for that I need from an Audi A1

20150925_202404.jpg

20150925_202410.jpg

Braided fuel line and decided against copper line the car will now be going full Braided which I will be making myself.

20150925_214343.jpg

Okay new wheels are on order and are currently beeing made so should be expecting soon, tyres are also here though ready to go, gone for Federal 595 rsr's, used these on the Honda and was quite impressed and will be good as a road tyre, slicks will be used on track.

IMG-20150901-WA0003-1.jpg

20150906_180736.jpg

Now as you may have guess the tyres are pritty wide which may give you a clue to what kind of wheels have been order, from all this the rear arches wouldn't have housed the fat setup so lots of rolling and flaring was needed, lots of hard work later here's the outcome, first picture is of my standard arch compared to flared.

20150822_150223.jpg

20150822_174945.jpg

Also engine, gearbox, prop ect had been fitted to start working out positioning of different bits and pieces, lots of work to go on under the bay over the next few months.

IMG_20150823_192807_1.jpg

Thanks for looking will update you further as soon as I have the car back.

Thank you Fastasbmw ?

Colour I went for was Porsche Agate Grey.. had to take a trip to the porsche and test drive a 911 to make sure I liked it.

Such a crazy colour, changes so much with the light conditions in the shade it looks an almost crayon grey but when the sun hits it it realy does come to life. Was going to be Audi misano red but I have a real thing for grey cars and my heart took over !

Screenshot_2015-10-03-17-08-22.png

Got messed around quite alot from team dynamics with the pro 1.3's I orderd so decided to go for something else, harder than it seamed finding the wheels in the size I wanted that where actually available to order without a 3 month of wait and I need to work out suspension stuff before them so I order these Rota RT5's, such a nice looking wheel, really wanted a white wheel but couldn't get my hands on any so after alot of umming and arring I order them, could is amazing.. can see them beeing painted white at some point though.

20151005_133511.jpg

Snapchat--3226559408394610020.jpg

Not got around to meany picture for the reason that as soon as it got back I was making it up for the cage to be painted, again meany colours come into mind when painting it but truth be told I'm not a fan of bright interiors and it's the red buckets to go in that's going to bring enough colour so decided to keep it subtle with a nice grey. Currently got the door bars left to do then all the masking is coming off.

Primer.

20151004_210300.jpg

20151004_213450.jpg

And the colour.

Snapchat-781084513384242135.jpg

20151005_185747.jpg

The rest of the body panels are back on the weekend and the windscreen and rear glass is beeing refitted on Wednesday next week, keep you're eye out for updates because I'm not planing on having around not I finaly have it back. Thank you again for looking and all the positive comments guys.

Such a good project! Il be definitely following this! I've got myself another E46 coupe for my track/drift project which il be starting soon, so your project is a great example for my project!!

Thank you again for all the positive comments guys it's very much appreciated ! The colour was a risky one as any colour is when it comes to painting a car a colour that had never been done before but I couldn't be happyer brings out the car beautifully.

Bit more work done this week, cage is all done which means I could pull the masking off and see the whole thing with the wheels for the first time, the outcome of the flared rear arches really has suprised me the most really couldn't be happyer !. All window seals back in place as well as molding trims and rear quarter glasses. Rear wheels have been fitted with a 10mm hubcentric spacer and sits quite nicely, could do with some M3 front wheel arches due to the M3 front axle set up but still sits quite nicely. Picking up something for the rear suspension tomorrow so I will update you then. Apart from that a big clean of the inside and inside of the door ls to go black and I can start on the interior.

20151007_222218.jpg

20151007_222405.jpg

20151007_222328.jpg

20151007_222418.jpg

IMG_20151008_135812.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Well when I sead something for the rear suspension what I actually ment was a neer complete polly bushed M3 rear axle. Will be dropping the old axle off soon welding strengthening plates in and it will be going up into place, just on the look out for a good condition M3 diff and then to modify the prop shaft.

20151009_205459.jpg

Apart from that cleaned all the inside of the car as it was stinking !! So I can now start fitting inside parts and working more fitment out, bit of padding so I don't mark up the cage and also me importantly keep hitting my head evrey 2 seconds !

20151009_230657.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk