Sign in to follow this  
chris

18" clubsport wheels?.

Sorry for a boring thread, but not many of these come up, and wondered what they are worth?

All in good condition with ok tyres, obviously the 18" split rims that are standard on the facelift club sport :)

Any help would be amazing before they go on eBay lol

Not a clue but might be interested. Do you have any pictures?

Still on my mates clubsport at the moment, but can get some up. Sorry was not a for sale thread, but he is having a set of wheels off me, and I've taken these in part ex as he's skint!

They look very good. Not really even any kerb marks. Will know more when they are off and cleaned up though. :)

Is it the fella who wanted my Clubsport Chris out of interest? Sold it for £100 more than I listed it for in January in the end!

Yes mate! He's having a set of wheels I've just bought for mine!

And thought you would, lovely cars!

The gamble with Clubsport wheels is whether they come apart and go back together properly this always concerned me and ultimately stopped me getting mine refurbished.

Sent from my mansize Note 3

With the right tools they are easy to do :D it's just not going ballistic trying to get the bolts out!

As above, I tried to split mine and they were a complete pig.

Only 1 split without problems, hence I have got another set of

wheels and just getting shot of these.

What did you use to split them? As what did you use on the threads?

Heated up the inside of the wheel and borrowed an Impact Driver to take the bolts out.

On one wheel, it came apart no probs.

2 wheels bolt 2 bolts.

4th wheel snapped 6 heads and 1 rounded off.

The main prob being, if they haven't been split ever they are almost welded together.

Some people have been lucky enough not to have these split, but I wouldn't try doing

it again

Must admit I've split BBS wheels which are years old and had no issues. But bolts snapping a just part of the fun :D

Or send them off to Dips at custom cars and let him tackle them ;)

Value - its hard to say, they are worth what someone wants to pay....they arent too common which will go in your favour.

I am in the process of refurbishing mine, i wont be doing it again in a hurry, will be worth it once done!

I'm thinking of around £600 for them, so fingers croased. Hard to judge, but that's what they will owe me. Should be getting them off on sat or Sunday, so after a clean will stick them up :)

A set on another forum in need of a refurb, with some broken bolts from a refurb 'attempt' and no tyres couldn't sell for £150, but they were rough!

Yea you can't put them in the same league as yours, but it shows how much money you can drop if bodge a refurb on them!

After cleaning they are ok, but i personally would refurb them. In the for sale section for £400, think thats fair! :)