Richsid

Aircon to Climate control

Hi Guys

I am thinking of upgrading my headunit and i have been advised to go to a Double Dim unit and to do this i need to move the aircon control. I have seen on eBay a used climate control unit, i guess its not going to be as simple as buying this and swaping this out for the sunglass draw ?

The double din relocation unit has 2 part numbers depending on the type of console buttons you have.

You can swap your air con controls to climate controls but it will behave really strangely and often won't work as you expect. A legendary coder might be able to fudge it to work but it will be a massive headache compared to just adjusting the fan strength yourself from time to time :)

If your talking about manual control to the automatic climate control then swapping the unit is straight forward. However.

Never will any of the automatic functions work.

You can only select one position at a time.

You will lose air flow to the feet.

When installing you made need to unplug and plug it in a few times to get the air flowing so it works on the windscreen mode and also when you select to air to flow on you.

changing heat and fan speed will become tedious after a while.

air con will work.

And it can't be coded as you just simply missing the relevant parts behind the dash.

The climate control panel is needed to fit in the relocation panel as far as I'm aware as the manual controls are too big!

But yes you do not need a relocation panel to fit the climate control panel. Pop the sunglass holder out and push the panel in. It won't fit all snug like it should but you can definitely get away with it. I have lol!

Edited by jammo

On 25/06/2014 at 13:18, Richsid said:

Hi Guys

I am thinking of upgrading my headunit and i have been advised to go to a Double Dim unit and to do this i need to move the aircon control. I have seen on eBay a used climate control unit, i guess its not going to be as simple as buying this and swaping this out for the sunglass draw ?

My life experience has shown me that won things are much worse quality than bought. I once won an air conditioner a year ago. He worked well for a week, but then he started having major problems. At first, it glitched, then did not respond to the remote, and then the climate control broke down altogether. I told my father about it and at first he wants to fix it himself, but then when he started fixing it, he realized that he couldn't. He decided to apply to service repair air conditioners of any type, they just installed air conditioning in our house a long time ago. Well, the guys fixed everything and I now live comfortably.

Edited by RGoldManning