Brad smith

Brad's BMW 330ci

As I liked the red needles in my compact I thought tonight I would do the same in this. Didn't need the silver rings which was a bonus as they were a pain last time. Looks quite nice. A subtle little touch.

Before:

ebysy2y6.jpg

After:

jydypepe.jpg

Also have the gear gaiter a clean with warm soapy water. Came up better than before. Hoping to replace the gear knob and probably gaiter soon.

Before:

ymyha7u9.jpg

After: (not a huge difference, just took the shine of it)

e4equme8.jpg

More updates soon...

Nice car[emoji106]. What product did you use to polish up the black window trim?

Looks like you need the relocation panel for the heater controls to make them fit properly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just used a DAS 6 with a mixture of black, white and orange hexlogic pads. Started of with black to see how bad it was then dependant on how bad varied the grade. With the compound I used menzerma.

I know, that does need sorting but can't be bothered to spend the money on it.

So phoned up the BMW garage by my house and queried about the gear knob and the cup holders. To my delight they said I could pick them up at 4, I only phoned at 12. Pretty impressive service and not too expensive considering, believe they was more on eBay.

So the gear knob, previous gear knob is in previous posts. I had the bluetooth holder but seen as I have an aftermarket stereo it's pretty pointless. Had the sliding tray in the compact so wanted the cup holders in this as it was annoying not having any. Also it holds my phone quite well too.

Gave the steering wheel a clean with warm soapy water. Came up a treat.

Pics are all below:

Gear knob before:

bu3y4yse.jpg

After:

rupa4e5u.jpg

gatamehu.jpg

Phone holder:

rane9ahy.jpg

Started peeling and looked terrible

yvu7utu8.jpg

Cup holders:

humuzeze.jpg

ava9y6ur.jpg

pe2u6a3e.jpg

y9e4u2yz.jpg

Hopefully next thing will be the heater relocation, also going to paint the brake callipers black, and want to give it a good detail. So more updates soon.....

Thanks

Mine is the eonon.

I bought the relocation panel for £40 inc delivery from a zoner.

Was brand new and never fitted.

I would eventually have paid bmw money if this one hadnt come up.

6E0571D2-0B04-474E-8488-C0F5B23601FB-337

Edited by Trevor

So today was the turn of painting the callipers and giving all the wheels a full clean. And the arches and dress them. Wheels were basically bonded on ! Could undo the bolts or when I got one set of the wheel was then stuck. Was terrible !! Had to pop to the local tyre place to use the gun on them. After that they were ok. But the wheels were still bonded on. So once off. I pressure washed the arches and cleaned them then dressed them with AG, rubbed the hub and back of the wheel with a wire brush. Then cleaned all the back of the wheel with AG wheel clean and iron x. Came up ok but highlighted the wheel corrosion and bad paint jobs. Clean tyres to remove previous tyre gel. Then protected them with just AG super resin and extra protection. Only thing I thought to use. As haven't got any actual wheel wax. But tbh they never came up great well the backs. Just highlighted how bad they was. Maybe changed wheels or a full acid dip. Fronts came up nice. Hopefully be easier to clean.

Onto callipers, rubbed them down with a wire brush and cleaned them. Then painted them with black hammerite. Also gave the nuts a coat of satin paint as was sick of rusty bolts. If I did change or get them painted I would get new bolts hopefully polarised.

Pretty pleased with the results.

Back calliper before:

ypateny8.jpg

After:

usehyza6.jpg

yhuhugy5.jpg

Front:

esy8arag.jpg

ery6uzum.jpg

a8uravar.jpg

Picked up my new Radio and fitted it this weekend. Really please, looks much better than the kenwood, sold that on eBay so that was money towards this.

Does everything sat Nav, bluetooth, freeview, DVD, iPod,USB etc.

a7a6a6y2.jpg

6yzy4unu.jpg

Also got some fresh plates and stuck them on with sticky pads not screws. Also a new front badge as previous was pretty warn.

Just need to get silver visions to finish the front end.

e5etuza5.jpg

u4aguvyt.jpg

6e5y7yza.jpg

e8ysuhu8.jpg

Thanks.

Ordered some gliptone today for the seats as fed up of them looking shiny. Want them back to matt looking new and smelling new :).

Also thinking of ordering a steering wheel the same as in the compact ! As I loved that wheel and believe the current one spoils the interior.

Wheel I would have :

uryvuqu6.jpg

Also car was beading nicely from the detail a week ago:

yzu4e4ar.jpg

yqehe7uj.jpg

ryna7ase.jpg

qema4u7e.jpg

zasyhuna.jpg