LiamGTR

Difference 330 Ci > Clubsport

I'm thinking of saving up until after Christmas and buying a club sport mainly for the colour.

From what I can gather it's:

Colour

Rear spoiler

Kick panels

...? Anything else? Are they worth the premium?

Weight reduction 20kgs iirc

Front splitters

Alloys

What colour you after

www.bobsbmw.co.uk

Also;

Splitters

Wheels

And 20kg sound deadening removed.

I bought mine because of the colour, Estoril blue.

What colour are you after?

Silver, Estoril Blue & Velvet Blue can all be had outside of clubsport spec. The wheels don't suit the E46 shape & the spoiler is also a marmite thing. 20KG of sound deadening removed & some plastic covers on the front bumper don't make it a special car IMO.

They bolt ons kind of make me think BMW looked at what all the chavs were doing around that era & thought they'd apply that to a 'special' edition.

Estoril Blue is my favourite E46 colour too, but you can can get it on all body & engine types, not just a clubsport.

What're the chances of finding a 330 in that colour with m sport kit? Lol

Petrol or diesel? DERVs are the rarest but there's a few EB petrol's about. Don't think I've every seen one in non msport guise.

OK, so non clubsport EB is an individual colour I believe, which makes them even rarer. I've found only 2 convertibles after a quick browse, I think you'll be waiting a while if you want it that badly.

There's a couple of members on here with them though so they are out there (only seen one DERV in my time!).

There's a few eb cars about, but not noticed nearly as many VB ones. Depends what you're after, I wouldn't pay a premium for a clubsport

The difference is... ugly wheels and fugly spoiler and 20kg of sound insulation removed which makes absolutely no difference to performance, but perhaps noise.

Personally I think the wheels I one of the better e46 wheels, certainly give better looks then mv1/2'

There's an Estoril 330d loon on autotrader now in Reading. Was quite tempted myself, it's a manual too

I don't think I would get one now that I know the colour can be had on a regular 330 with m sport kit, that's all I'm after really.

But you won't find one..

Club sports look far better than a standard 330 that you see down every single road in England lol

I'm happy to take other colours, blue isn't my only choice. I agree they do look nice but considering what you get is actually all you get I don't think it justified the premium. Each to their own.

A 4 door.. For a 23 year old? [emoji39] haha nah I appreciate the link but unfortunately I don't want any more than 2 doors. Not planning on kids within the next 10 years at LEAST.

The Clubsport thing is a bit of love/hate especially with 'the' rear spoiler.

However IMHO out of the box they will tick many of the boxes (Estoril blue - although there are a few silver ones, sport , leather (not sure if all have leather), nice split rim alloys, xenons).

I like the spoiler but that's only because its OE , however that doesnt stop people thinking its aftermarket :cry:

Yea I think the spoiler is a nice touch whereas my brother hates it. Each to their own.

Buying a CS and removing the spoiler and having the bootlid tidied up and a lip spoiler fitted would cost minimal in the big scheme of things.

Wheels can be easily swapped too.

If you like the colour then buy the colour. IMHO there's nothing special about them other than the colour - I don't like the spoiler or the wheels, so I'd look on those as the "price" of getting the colour you want. But as I've said, removing the spoiler and changing the wheels is a damn site easier than repainting a car lol.