Mark_F

Got a one post rant? Put it here!

Traffic flows better without the lights in most situations imo it forces drivers to watch what they are doing.

I had a few choice words for the driver of a silver Audi this morning, must have been a slightly older one as he had no Daytime running lights, or any other lights on in thick fog... Thick :censored:

I had a few choice words for the driver of a silver Audi this morning, must have been a slightly older one as he had no Daytime running lights, or any other lights on in thick fog... Thick :censored:

That's surprising, usually I see everyone with their fog's on at all times of the day. Not to mention the stupid LED strips every car nowadays seem to have plastered on the front.

usually I see everyone with their fog's on at all times of the day. Not to mention the stupid LED strips every car nowadays seem to have plastered on the front.

That's a whole rant in itself. But, actually, I think we did it here backalong..........

usually I see everyone with their fog's on at all times of the day. Not to mention the stupid LED strips every car nowadays seem to have plastered on the front.

That's a whole rant in itself. But, actually, I think we did it here backalong..........

I'm pretty sure it's been done multiple times but I'd say it's definitely worthy of being brought up at every opportunity.

I picked up a cold in Croatia (of all places...) about a month ago, it wasn't too bad, just a mild nuisance really. I get home for a couple days and feel like I'm getting better, then off to a week of freshers at a friends Uni, still only a mild nuisance. The day I get back from that it hits me, been going for almost a week now, so bad I'm contemplating going on the dark-net for some cyanide...

I'm here for you X-Man :cry:

6 days an no ones had a good moan!

I've mentioned about the coach going down tiny back roads that are single lanes before. Same coach today came storming through the little village, forcing me to back up a fair bit, then stops in the middle of the road to let kids on the bus! ARGH. It's bab enough with the stupid coach going too fast around narrow roads, but now I've got to wait because he can't stop in a sensible place?

Must be tempting to just park up yourself and walk off a bit, see how he likes it?

Theres coaches on the way Into Oxford that often ignore the7.5t limit, and then struggle with getting past parked cars. Idiots

The other morning there was a coach that hard parked up in a bus stop, by the looks of it to have a rest as there was no one getting on or off.

Right near a busy roundabout, during rush hour, meaning that the buses had to stop in the road blocking all the traffic.

They're as bad as each other!

The other morning there was a coach that hard parked up in a bus stop, by the looks of it to have a rest as there was no one getting on or off.

Right near a busy roundabout, during rush hour, meaning that the buses had to stop in the road blocking all the traffic.

They're as bad as each other!

They love stopping on yellow lines outside the girl's school here :( It's opposite another coach stop, and by a traffic island, so it can get pretty busy at times :(

One big coach (the ones with two rear axles) swung into our entrance to do a three point turn the other day, just as all the staff were heading home. He managed to block all the cars leaving the car park, obstructed the view of the car that was on the pavement trying to turn right down the hill, and then got cross with them for not moving out of his way (which they couldn't do as they couldn't see what was coming, understandably). It's just the sheer arrogance of his actions/attitudes that got me. If a car caused them such a hold up, they'd go mental.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.7552128,-1.2277282,3a,75y,252.75h,84.34t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s8ieMq920LPC4m6oh3U61WQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

There's another couple of schools near my house that have bus lanes, as they have students from quite a wide catchment area coming to them. When the coaches drop them off in the evening rush hour after a school trip or a sports event or whatever, they don't use the bus lanes, but they'll stop on the road with double yellow lines. The parents in their 4x4s then barge their way out of the carpark, blocking all the traffic already on the roads. It's taken about 10-20minutes to do 50 yards because of them in the past.

I hate buses/coaches

I should explain, lol. Was on the way home last night around 11am following a white 4 series merging from one motorway onto another on a 2 lane slip road. He was going slower than i would have liked so as the slip road open out onto the new motorway i drop down a cog or two and get the good old m3 evo travelling. Bearing in mind we're the only 2 cars on the road for as far as the eye can see, i decide to go from the slip road to lane 2 for the overtake. Of course mr 4 series decides he doesn't like this so cuts across the front of me into lane 2. I then go to lane 3 pretty much having no option and he proceeds to do the same again almost putting me in the barrier.

If it wasn't for the fact it was a plain white car which a something inside was niggling away saying it 'could' be an unmarked cop car. I would have given him some s**t, but decided better of it and just let off and dropped back to lane 1 and carried on at a slower pace.

The "throwaway" society. :(

Sometime around '96, I bought a new washing machine. It served us well until '12 when the motor needed new bearings and they were NLA. Not really much of a surprise, I suppose, so we bought a new one. The only other thing that went wrong with it in its 15 years was it broke a belt.

The replacement machine has been perfect for three-and-a-half years. Until last week, when a drum bearing collapsed without warning. :o "No problem" I say to Wor Lass ".........I'll get a pair of bearings and a seal, it's not a difficult job - just time consuming". Only one problem - whereas machines of old had outer drums that were either bolted or clipped together, post-'11 ones are welded so you can't replace the bearings. Guess what the commonest fault is with these machines............

So a machine that probably has many years left in the rest of the components is scrap because the £25 bearing and seal kit can only be replaced be fitting a whole new drum assembly, at very nearly the cost of a new machine.

Tell me........... How frakkin' stupid is that??

Lane discipline is really starting to do my head in now.

Traveling home earlier on a section of the A1 that only has two lanes, I had been in the fast lane for five or so minutes, I catch up to a van doing 66mph in the fast lane with nothing in-front of him for a good few hundred yards, I look at the slow lane to see if he might be trying to overtake something, what do I see? I see one of those huge lorries creeping alongside him at a faster pace! I was stuck behind the stupid van for a solid ten minutes after that, he had plenty of opportunities to change lanes but never did.

Lane discipline is really starting to do my head in now.

Traveling home earlier on a section of the A1 that only has two lanes, I had been in the fast lane for five or so minutes, I catch up to a van doing 66mph in the fast lane with nothing in-front of him for a good few hundred yards, I look at the slow lane to see if he might be trying to overtake something, what do I see? I see one of those huge lorries creeping alongside him at a faster pace! I was stuck behind the stupid van for a solid ten minutes after that, he had plenty of opportunities to change lanes but never did.

I've started to become a typical BMW driver and bully my way through in similar instances

Lane discipline is really starting to do my head in now....... I had been in the fast lane for five or so minutes,

Loving the irony here. :thumbsup: It's not the "fast" lane, it's the overtaking lane. There's a clue in the name........ It's for overtaking, not for sitting in for miles on end just because you're doing NSL (or faster). :lol:

Edited by StuBeeDoo