Mark_F

Got a one post rant? Put it here!

Already experiencing some racism in the wake of recent attacks....
What most people don't realise is, as muslims we hate ISIS more than most of the west, they have killed 100,000 of us over the last 2 years.

Although I'm not mad or angry at the sheeple, if I were in their shoes and was subjected to the same information in the media, I would perhaps have similar thoughts.

My rant is aimed at so called 'racist intellectuals'

I have two thoughts on terrorism............

1) The two biggest religions in the world - Christianity and Islam - have, between them, caused the untimely deaths of more people than accidents, smoking, alcoholism, drug-abuse, etc, etc.

2) The biggest weapon available to any group which uses terror is the media.  What better way to scare people into submission than having your acts on every television, radio - and internet connected device?  If the media adopted a blanket blackout of all terror-related reporting the bombings/shootings etc wouldn't stop but the fear-induced racism would reduce dramatically.  IMO this is the only way that Christians and Muslims would be able to peacefully co-exist in the same neighbourhoods.  The media must be being run/financed by some of the world's most fanatical racists - who go about their daily lives denying they do any wrong.

Just my 2p.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/107516

Oh dear. 

Can't agree there stu - we have no (big) problems here between various religions. Didn't at school, don't in town on nights out, don't walking around the streets by day. 

You get the off narrow minded retard, but you get towards anyone different, not just Muslims (not that they're different, but you know what i mean).

I pitty ISIS and any other extremist organisation. What is killing normal citizens going to gain them? They obviously haven't got the initiative or know how to target the people who make the decisions that affect them directly. Couldn't even get into the Stade de France with tickets. Blew their loads outside instead. Bellends. 

23 hours ago, StuBeeDoo said:

2) The biggest weapon available to any group which uses terror is the media.  What better way to scare people into submission than having your acts on every television, radio - and internet connected device?  If the media adopted a blanket blackout of all terror-related reporting the bombings/shootings etc wouldn't stop but the fear-induced racism would reduce dramatically.  IMO this is the only way that Christians and Muslims would be able to peacefully co-exist in the same neighbourhoods.  The media must be being run/financed by some of the world's most fanatical racists - who go about their daily lives denying they do any wrong.

Just my 2p.

This is the problem. 24hr multi-news media has generated the need to be more and more sensationalist. They no longer report the news, they have to make the news.

I was listening to 5-Live on Saturday morning and one BBC journalists was describing her flight to Paris and how almost all of them were transit passengers and only a handful of people were actually going to Paris. As she went on, the flight went from half full to "only about one third full" and the delays which were originally caused by one or 2 passengers not turning up turned into "many obviously choosing not to take the flight"

Now, I'll wager that on a Saturday morning in November any given BA flight to Paris will be half full, mostly of transit passengers and a couple will check in online and not turn up

So a fairly regular occurrence is turned into, by choice of language, two thirds of a plane load of people scared to go to Paris!

Your point is made by the fact that if you ask the majority of Parisians and they will not be scared to go to a cafe or bar, or a concert just like Londoners weren't after 7/7. They may be more vigilant and will of course be thinking about the events but they will carry on their normal lives. This is what the media should be reporting. Yes, the events are terrible and the proper respect should be paid to the victims and their families but suggesting how it will change the lives of everyone in Paris and instil fear into the city does their memories a terrible disservice.

Our 'wonderful' news media have a lot to answer for. Journalists have long been known to sell their Grannies for a story but as the need to 'grab' the headlines increases, they descend further and further into the extreme and the disgusting

ISIS (or whatever they call them these days) are as much about Islam as the fundamentalists who kill abortion doctors are about Christianity and anyone resorting to racism  because of the attacks in Paris are lowering themselves to the base of these scum who carry out the attacks

Not sure I've ever posted in this thread...

My one-post rant is that I logged on here and everything was different and I don't know where I am, and I want the old style 'show new posts' page and not this new-fangled attempt at making the forum look like a social feed but failing miserably at it...

3 hours ago, mit said:

...............like a social feed..............

3 hours ago, Sam said:

...........................The view is a bit 'feed'....................................

Feed???  WTF? :wacko:  Must be yet another aspect of life I'm not in touch with.  :(

3 hours ago, mit said: ...............like a social feed..............

3 hours ago, Sam said: ...........................The view is a bit 'feed'....................................

Feed???  WTF? :wacko:  Must be yet another aspect of life I'm not in touch with.  :(

It came after electricity and colour tvs Stu [emoji1]

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Religious nut jobs arguing over who has the best story book.

I still can't believe in this day and age, people can't see that these books are just tales of fiction. None of the people in the books ever lived and nor will they in the future.

It's like a bunch of school children arguing which Mr Men book is the best!

Oxford. I know I know.

"The average cost of a house in Oxford has risen by almost £38,000 during the past year to and now stands at £426,720, while the average income of workers was £26,500."

I can't understand why anyone wants to live here!The inability to travel any faster than 3mph at any time, the majority of the city having roadworks, with the self-righteous busy mums taking their kids 500meters to school in their massive discovery's (all brand new obviously). They just pull out, block 1 lane of traffic and assume you're going to let them in, no I won't. The constant inability to drive by all, especially 'professional' drivers (buses/taxis). The self-awareness of people who just block junctions in the mist of all the traffic.

The over whelming population of homeless people that are set to just do as they please. I saw a homeless person blocking a private car park by sleeping in front of it. Must be 30 cars put out of their way. Do you want to wake a homeless person and tell them to sod off? Probably not, so they'll just pay the £28 it cost to park in Oxford for 8 hours.

This city is ready to collapse. House prices being 16 times the (local) average salary?! To give you an idea, a small 2 bed flat is £400k.

Agreed on Oxford. On the homeless front, I don't think I've ever seen as many in such a small place tbh. And for such a wealthy county, it's pretty poor show. It's a city with massive delusions of grandeur too. Like Oxford 'castle'  it's not a castle, it's a pile of mud!

Re isis they've covered my back there times recently!

20151102_182454.jpg

On 11/15/2015, 9:51:44, Shabaza said:

Already experiencing some racism in the wake of recent attacks....
What most people don't realise is, as muslims we hate ISIS more than most of the west, they have killed 100,000 of us over the last 2 years.

Although I'm not mad or angry at the sheeple, if I were in their shoes and was subjected to the same information in the media, I would perhaps have similar thoughts.

My rant is aimed at so called 'racist intellectuals'

For a city that prides itself on cultural diversity it does seem the most reports of racism recently are coming from London.

Obv, we don't get anything in Bradford.. There's too many of us! lol.

The most shameful thing though is that all these racist incidents is against women, or elder folk. There was a video recently of a 50+ year old man in Scotland shutting up his takeaway in the early hours - around 15 idiots beat him up while spewing racist remarks at him. There's also been loads of incidents of people saying racist things to young muslim women travelling on public transport..

It's strange how they never pick on a group of muslim guys their own size/age? Hmmmm..

Edited by momo

10 hours ago, Sam said:

self-righteous LAZY mums taking their kids 500meters to school in their massive discovery's

.......... is probably nearer the mark.  Too frakkin' lazy to drag their sorry arses out of bed 10 minutes earlier in the morning so that they and their brats can get a bit excercise on their commute! :wacko: 

Edited by StuBeeDoo

On ‎16‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎16‎:‎03‎:‎33, Sam said:

It's not hard to make it similar to what you had. Click "unread content" then "edit this stream", play with settings and you'll get posts much as you had them before.

The view is a bit 'feed' but I can't change that.

Thanks Sam, I already tried playing with this but that feed view is appalling. It's trying to be facebook and failing miserably at it. I wasn't coming on here much anyway, and this has put me off the site altogether.

Edited by mit

so Cameron`s going to try again....their`s a surprise.....we`ll use 8 of our 40yr old tornado gr4`s use £millions in ordanance  to "smash ISIL"....pointless.....if your going to do it,do it properly,and use short range battlefield nuclear wepons.....though that will have 0 effect on a sick warped ideology

Edited by Sonar Daddy

Typical Government economics.....Cameron & the royals(both £millionaires) to get taxpayer funded private plane for "official business"....it will cost £10 million to refit the RAF aircraft delivering a £775k saving a year....so it will be 12 years until break even point at which time it will be due for another refit FFS....the expences scandle is still with us,just gone under the radar....all the while Hunt and osbourne will now try to get us to turn on the junior doctors as they done with most public sector employees.....w****rs