Marcus

tyre recommendations , higher power models only

Hi guys.

getting ready for a pair of rears soon enough...theres a surprise.

what brands do you recommend.used to run hankook on the 330 and was impressed.
but with 180 bhp more and 200 kg more. maybe they aint suitable

so throw up what ya got /recommend and places to purchase form .

looking forward to the replies.

ive got Dunlop sport maxx on the front and they seem decent enough

I've ran Yokohama Advan Sport for years and the grip is excellent, Porsche were fitting them a while back so they must rate them highly.

Have got Continental Sport Contact 5's on at the moment and rate them as probably the best road tyre i have used in both wet and dry. So much so i just replaced my rears with another set. You can get reasonably priced part worns too for not a lot of money!

Contact sports are excellent, had them on my 400 + hp supra, i could spin

the rears up in the wet if i tried but in the dry they were superb.

We had an invite to Portimao in Portugal and had the circuit to ourselves

for a few hours, all there track day cars, safety cars etc are on Conti's, we

had a 335i & M3 out for a few laps in the dry and I couldn't fault the Contis

I have Avon ZZ5's all round on my 330 vert and i'm very happy with them in all

conditions

I find www.camskill.co.uk to be very well priced and good customer service, i had a lost

delivery by their courier but they dealt with the situation straight away and had another

set of tyres on route to me the next day.

post-28193-0-69404400-1409649841_thumb.j

post-28193-0-70055600-1409649854_thumb.j

post-28193-0-27537500-1409649904_thumb.j

Edited by dunk1

Am fitting Goodyear F1s this week will let you know...

Had them on my e46 great tyres. Highly recommend them.

www.bobsbmw.co.uk

Have got Continental Sport Contact 5's on at the moment and rate them as probably the best road tyre i have used in both wet and dry. So much so i just replaced my rears with another set. You can get reasonably priced part worns too for not a lot of money!

Agree with this. They were the best I had on my e46 too.

i've got the dunlop sport max on my rears, am very happy with them. the traction warning light hardly ever comes on, whereas it used to be flashing all the time when i had the old barums on.

Dunno if my remapped 330d is "high power" enough for you (snob! :P ) but i've gone through Sport Maxx, FK452's and now Vred Sessantas.

Vreds are by far the best in my book!

Personally it depends what you're after.. Everyday use I don't see the point of Conti/Michelin/Pirelli etc.. You want a tyre that grips well in all conditions and lasts well - Vred all the way for me! Vorti is a upgrade of the Sessanta and Vorti R is an upgrade over the Vorti designed for super/sports cars etc.. But the R only comes in 19" and above. In all the reviews i've read the Vorti perform almost as good as those premiums but at half the cost.

Or if you want absolute grip and nothing else - get semi-slicks.

But if you want to be a brand snob and you only want to consider the premium tyres, go for it! In which case try to get Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2's with the semi-slick outside shoulders.. lol :P

nice post momo.. im not a snob.. but no good asking what a 318 user has.. when ive got 400+ ponys.

as it happens the monaro owners reckon the sassantas too or Michelin pilot super sports. but at the price ordering some vreds next week.

Michelin PS3's IMO.

I've got a set of Conti CS5's on now and its pretty easy for them to break traction, whereas the PS3's felt like they had more grip and dont wear as fast.

Conti's seem to be wearing pretty fast.

Michelin Pilot Sport 3's.

Eagle F1's here too on my lowly 184 BHP 330d ;). Very good tyres. Wearing very well too.

Edited by thesanchez

Fitted a full set of Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric2 yesterday. Early days yet but so far really impressed. Seem to absorb bumps better that the conti SC3s that were on before. Can reaaly slap it into the bends now :thumbsup:

I had Goodyear eagle F1s all round on my old car and they were brilliant in the dry and better in the wet!

At the moment I'm using Falkens ZX IIRC. They are also a brilliant tyre with a very good price tag compared to the F1s and the Contact Sports.

Very quiet road noise and good in the wet and dry!