Ashley1995

Additives and Treatments - Are They Worth It?

I'm going to be flushing the coolant and PAS Fluid on my 30 soon, i've ordered coolant from Cotswolds but is it worth using some of this stuff?

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/BMW_3+Series_2.5_1989/p/car-accessories/engine-oils-and-car-fluids/car-additives/cooling-system-treatment/?555770480&0&cc5_171

And have any of you used something similar in your fuel system?

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/BMW_3+Series_2.5_1989/p/car-accessories/engine-oils-and-car-fluids/car-additives/petrol-system-additives/?549772031&0&cc5_861

Are they worth the money? has anyone actually noticed a difference?

I'm not sold personally. BMW didn't design engines to need these and if they have been properly looked after i can't see why you ever would.

If they have a positive effect then im of the opinion that your just masking a larger problem.

I think it's better just to run a car on better fuel than using these additives. I run my Golf strictly on Tesco Momentum 99RON, it's pretty cheap too, usually around 132 a litre. Shell V Power and BP ultimate are 97RON but they have additional cleaning detergents in them which do a similar job to these additives.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I chuck a can of BG 244 into the tank every 10k miles.

I'm hitting 91k after 4 year ownership and always use higher octane fuel........

Love it

www.bobsbmw.co.uk

The only additive I've ever used was NF Race octane booster because my car was a JDM import and only ran on 100 RON.

I think it's better just to run a car on better fuel than using these additives. I run my Golf strictly on Tesco Momentum 99RON, it's pretty cheap too, usually around 132 a litre. Shell V Power and BP ultimate are 97RON but they have additional cleaning detergents in them which do a similar job to these additives.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

V-Power is 99. They also do a Nitro+ Racing which is 100 but not available here. ;)

Edited by Schumacher