twobigdogs

Parking sensors work sometimes

Can anyone help?......I had the long beep when put in reverse so checked the sensors and only three were clicking. Replaced non clicking one with a new one from ebay. Now all sensors click and sound the same. Put car in reverse no beep whatsoever but all sensors are clicking. If I disconnect sensor then replace,all sensors work perfectly. When ignition is turned off then turned back on sensors are not workin! Disconnect sensor then connect and all sensors work perfectly again? Perfect beeping as you get closer on all sensors. Turn off then try again then they don't work.is there some sort of reset to do?

Yes it was a copy but it sounds the same as all the originals. They all click the same. If disconnect then reconnect ,all senors work and beep as it gets nearer an obstruction. If ignition is turned off then back on car put in reverse ..nothing?

I have this same prob after fitting a non genuine sensor, interested to know how you solve this.

Edited by Ruesta

If I can't sort it I'm thinking of buying a cheap reverse kit and fitting their sensors in place of the original?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's an update! I could not get the damn things to work properly,tried disconnect battery for 10 mins etc still the same. Would only work once when sensors unplugged and reconnected then nothing again. All sensors working once ,then they stop! Bought a four sensor kit of Ebay for £15 the sensors are slightly smaller than Bmw ones 21mm verses 23mm but with a bit of double sided tape wrapped once round sensors they fit perfect in the holes of the plastic strip! Control box fits behind right side trim and cables run through original grommet near spare wheel. Power from reverse light plus an earth and I have reverse sensors again. The sensor cables are cable tied behind which stops them from coming loose and they have a 25mm face which covers the original hole so they look the same as standard. Total price £15 and they look original.

Must admit they look good,when you first said what you was doing,I got to say I thought they were going to stick out like a sore thumb.good fix and cheaper than buying a oem one.

I think I got away with it because of the plastic strip that houses the originals. It's an easy job to remove strip and measure the holes etc and then to fit the new ones. I think most of the aftermarket kits have 21mm sensors and my holes were 23mm. Due to the sensors having a 25 mm face they fit perfect!

Hi just to the right of the boot lid where the rubber cable comes from boot lid to side of boot,blue/yellow cable is the reverse and a brown is the earth. Control box stuck to inner wing behind boot lining next to drivers side rear light unit. All cables hidden behind boot lining. Cables to sensors down through rubber grommet that was pushed through to right of spare wheel. Buzzer for unit stuck behind ski hatch cover and cable routed behind boot lining to control box,all cables are hidden.

post-29650-0-86681500-1410880284_thumb.j

No I left the Ecu alone. One beep for 5 secs when reverse is first selected then stays quiet until car is switched off. The new sensors beep louder anyway when reversing. I could disconnect the speaker but as sensors beep when reverse is selected it's not really an issue.

Mine is doing exactly the same. If I unplug it and plug it back in with engine running it works. As soon as the engines switched of then it stops and I need to unplug again. Any ideas people or should I fork out for a gen one?

Sounds like the control module is duff. I picked up one off ebay for £15, job sorted.

I read on here, somewhere, that Land Rover sensors are identical to BMW and a lot less money. There was even apart number, IIRC.

EDIT:- Post 9 in this thread

Edited by StuBeeDoo

Well gonna order a gen one tomorrow. See what happens. If that don't work then control module next.

Don't want to jinx this but my sensors went in pairs both times,thought I'd just got a dodgy sensor at first and then found the one at the side of it had gone as well,month later both other side went.