AlexSchof

330 aFe intake..

I've one on my 325, again it's only for the noise and look I have it.

Had a Simota before, definitely a different sound to that.

The filter in the afe I have is the dry filter, easy to look after.

I bought mine direct from the US

standard airbox is ok however bmw proved that it can be improved on with the bmw performance item.

With an additional airfeed and heat proofing the afe works well. Throttle response is improved and top end feels much better, I guess some of this is attributed to the sound track though!

I have a standard airbox with a k&n panel filter and much prefer the afe set up.

I've got a dave.f kit on mine, which I did for sound, and no power gains expected.

Stuck some rpi air scoops on to force through more air and although some of you won't believe me the car does have better performance when driving at speed.

You guys who have noticed a performance upgrade were probably replacing dirty filters. Also to get any kind of "forced induction" setup you'd have to have a very direct setup to the cyclider head with a huge intake stuck out the bonnet (which would probably only work after speeds of 100/150mph anyway) taking into consideration you are effectively trying to pressurise a vacuum. The oem setup has more bends than speghetti junction - you can forget pressurising the system with some sheet steel pmsl.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2