the_driller

LED halo's on facelift.

Anyone off the site tried these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HALO-RINGS-BMW-E46-COUPE-FACELIFT-KIT-ANGEL-EYES-6000K-XENON-LOOK-/310723063214?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3ABMW%7CPlat_Gen%3AE46&hash=item485889adae

Very tempted, only thing putting off is reliability. I don't mind taking headlights apart but i'll be pissed if they break a few weeks later and need taking apart again!!

Yep just did mine about 2 weeks ago and flipping LOVE them!! I'll try and get some pictures up for you now. Quality is really good and the looms all made up very nicely. I spoke to the guy and you get a years warranty. (Sorting out pictures now)

Ok its just the one picture I have right now but they do look good. At night they are extremely bright so I'm thinking about connecting a dimmer to them that you use to dim the dash lights. Just went to have a look to see if I can find the seller and he's no longer a registered used....bit worrying :s

photo5_zps391b6dc6.jpg

They look pretty nice, are they LED or CCFL?

I had CCFL on my old Pre - Facelift, the multi-LED ones didn't look right at the time, any close ups?

They're SMD LEDs.

Cheers for that! Yeah close up shot would be cool! Id probably wire them to the sidelights

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

I'll get you a close up tomorrow. The loom mine came with allowed it to run as a day time running light so they're always on when the ignition is on and to the interior courtesy lights so they come on when you unlock and turn off when you lock.

Agreed. They don't look quite right IMO unless there's a cut out/flat bit along the top.

I don't think the flat type come on coupes

Edit - Do you want a close up with them on? Don't think the camera will focus but I've got a picture with them off when I was fitting them.

photo2_zps33d7aa0c.jpg

Also there's a guy from London (not sure where about) called Never Enough Mods. I was going to get a set from him. Apparently he has them special made buy someone but he wanted £130 for them which was way too much for me. Have a look at his pictures on Instagram and Facebook. They do look good but he's never done a set on an e46 so not sure how they would come out.

Edited by SamSRaju