gaz-777

Gaz's Graphite Grey 330ci

D

Looks gash mate. Buy it off ya :thumbsup:

Hey Tony, are you missing her?

Just a bit buddy and haven't really found anything that grabs me.

Any more plans? Did you do the center box delete?

Don't worry bud, something will come along in the new year.

As for plans, yes I will be doing the resonator delete in the new year. Quite like the idea of Lamin-xing the front fogs yellow. I've had the recall letter from BMW about the passenger front airbag module. So that will be going in when they have the parts from Munich.

The other thing is suspension, now the front is all the way down, but I just want it sitting a bit lower. I know some people dis-agree with the idea of removing the helper springs. So I'm going to give it a go and see what happens, it's not a daily driver for me and I live out in the sticks. So speed bumps come up very rarely. If I do have any problems then I'll just put them back in.

Still need to give her a good detail, which hopefully Santa might bring me a few nice products (fingers crossed!) and I want to try and get the wheel rims skimmed to remove the kerb rash. Really would like to attend a few car shows next year and see if I can get her on a stand somehow.

Looks very nice! Cades tyrus are my favourite wheels for a 46. I've just had a quote for a set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah they have grown on me, initially I wanted BBS LM's when I was looking for an E46, but these were sold to me on the car and I actually prefer the dish on these to LM's.

What size are you going for?

D

As for plans, yes I will be doing the resonator delete in the new year. Quite like the idea of Lamin-xing the front fogs yellow. I've had the recall letter from BMW about the passenger front airbag module. So that will be going in when they have the parts from Munich.

The other thing is suspension, now the front is all the way down, but I just want it sitting a bit lower. I know some people dis-agree with the idea of removing the helper springs. So I'm going to give it a go and see what happens, it's not a daily driver for me and I live out in the sticks. So speed bumps come up very rarely. If I do have any problems then I'll just put them back in.

Still need to give her a good detail, which hopefully Santa might bring me a few nice products (fingers crossed!) and I want to try and get the wheel rims skimmed to remove the kerb rash. Really would like to attend a few car shows next year and see if I can get her on a stand somehow.

All sounds good buddy. I would be interested to see what the front fogs look like when Lamin-x'd, I have a feeling they might set the front end off quite nicely.

The wheels will look great once skimmed and polished. Get some G-Technique polish on them and they look like they've had platinum syrup poured on them, a really nice deep matt glow if that makes sense.

Re the ride height, I hear you. I always wanted her a little lower but just didn't trust myself removing the helpers. Another option is to have shorter main springs made which will probably result in a crashier ride. I've been onto KW twice now but no reply, if they do eventually respond I'll let you know. Again looking forward to the results once complete.

Once all that's done, supercharge her and I'll have her back off you :thumbsup:

D

All sounds good buddy. I would be interested to see what the front fogs look like when Lamin-x'd, I have a feeling they might set the front end off quite nicely.

The wheels will look great once skimmed and polished. Get some G-Technique polish on them and they look like they've had platinum syrup poured on them, a really nice deep matt glow if that makes sense.

Re the ride height, I hear you. I always wanted her a little lower but just didn't trust myself removing the helpers. Another option is to have shorter main springs made which will probably result in a crashier ride. I've been onto KW twice now but no reply, if they do eventually respond I'll let you know. Again looking forward to the results once complete.

Once all that's done, supercharge her and I'll have her back off you :thumbsup:

Haha, don't think a supercharger is in my budget ever! But yes I will let you know how things turn out when progress starts.

Hope you and your family have a fantastic Christmas buddy. And a happy new year to find another car. ?

Edited by gaz-777

I recently had my yellow fog tint film delivered. I was going to proceed with this on Thursday but I found out that the fog light fixing screw was a hollow type hex screw! And had to go out and buy one yesterday. Ok, so today I went ahead and removed the fog lenses and removed the bulbs incase I damaged them. I then cleaned them with a paint prep wipe and dryed with a hair dryer. I roughly cut the film to the size of the lenses, took off the sticky backing and applied a little water to the film. First time I did this with soapy water and didn't stick very well, so I opted to use just water and it improved the application a lot. I then Just used a credit card to push the air out and once that was done, I used the hair dryer to heat the edges and stretched the film over the egdes whilst trimming them with a Stanley knife. This was tricky, the drivers side lense looked fine and then I must of over heated the passenger side as some of the edging didn't want to stick down properly. Anyway I ran out of time and put them back onto the car but I will need to do that passenger side again as it's not to my satisfaction. I've got enough film to do another 3 pairs of fog lenses so plenty of film left. I did manage to take some pics, any comments are welcome. Also need to see what they look like in the dark.

35A070FF-D5FB-4580-BA8A-9AEFF601ACDF.jpg

8AFF51CA-DFDC-4D63-896C-E1479B5DF73D.jpg

0ED6E24A-9376-48DE-A8A4-E29CAC52DD35.jpg

8833F4E2-44C3-4D36-827E-2D47CA2D27FF.jpg

4B08BBB8-A486-466E-B911-3750B65C8F53.jpg

Hey Garry, they look quite good, nice update.

Re the security hex screws... errrrr, my fault. The original for lamps were nicked so I fitted security screws when I fitted the replacement fogs.

Thanks Tony, that explains it then! I visited realoem and didn't think they were correct. But nice tamper proof screw though! I purchased a set of the hollow hex bits from the £ shop. So I have an addition to my toolbox now

I recently had my yellow fog tint film delivered. I was going to proceed with this on Thursday but I found out that the fog light fixing screw was a hollow type hex screw! And had to go out and buy one yesterday. Ok, so today I went ahead and removed the fog lenses and removed the bulbs incase I damaged them. I then cleaned them with a paint prep wipe and dryed with a hair dryer. I roughly cut the film to the size of the lenses, took off the sticky backing and applied a little water to the film. First time I did this with soapy water and didn't stick very well, so I opted to use just water and it improved the application a lot. I then Just used a credit card to push the air out and once that was done, I used the hair dryer to heat the edges and stretched the film over the egdes whilst trimming them with a Stanley knife. This was tricky, the drivers side lense looked fine and then I must of over heated the passenger side as some of the edging didn't want to stick down properly. Anyway I ran out of time and put them back onto the car but I will need to do that passenger side again as it's not to my satisfaction. I've got enough film to do another 3 pairs of fog lenses so plenty of film left. I did manage to take some pics, any comments are welcome. Also need to see what they look like in the dark.

35A070FF-D5FB-4580-BA8A-9AEFF601ACDF.jpg

8AFF51CA-DFDC-4D63-896C-E1479B5DF73D.jpg

0ED6E24A-9376-48DE-A8A4-E29CAC52DD35.jpg

8833F4E2-44C3-4D36-827E-2D47CA2D27FF.jpg

4B08BBB8-A486-466E-B911-3750B65C8F53.jpg

i think my fogs are starting to look like yours for free,f**kin dog cocks its leg every morning in the winter either on the wheel or the corner of car,(jack russell)

I recently had my yellow fog tint film delivered. I was going to proceed with this on Thursday but I found out that the fog light fixing screw was a hollow type hex screw! And had to go out and buy one yesterday. Ok, so today I went ahead and removed the fog lenses and removed the bulbs incase I damaged them. I then cleaned them with a paint prep wipe and dryed with a hair dryer. I roughly cut the film to the size of the lenses, took off the sticky backing and applied a little water to the film. First time I did this with soapy water and didn't stick very well, so I opted to use just water and it improved the application a lot. I then Just used a credit card to push the air out and once that was done, I used the hair dryer to heat the edges and stretched the film over the egdes whilst trimming them with a Stanley knife. This was tricky, the drivers side lense looked fine and then I must of over heated the passenger side as some of the edging didn't want to stick down properly. Anyway I ran out of time and put them back onto the car but I will need to do that passenger side again as it's not to my satisfaction. I've got enough film to do another 3 pairs of fog lenses so plenty of film left. I did manage to take some pics, any comments are welcome. Also need to see what they look like in the dark.35A070FF-D5FB-4580-BA8A-9AEFF601ACDF.jpg8AFF51CA-DFDC-4D63-896C-E1479B5DF73D.jpg0ED6E24A-9376-48DE-A8A4-E29CAC52DD35.jpg8833F4E2-44C3-4D36-827E-2D47CA2D27FF.jpg4B08BBB8-A486-466E-B911-3750B65C8F53.jpg

i think my fogs are starting to look like yours for free,f**kin dog cocks its leg every morning in the winter either on the wheel or the corner of car,(jack russell)

Where I used to live, a cat in the neighbourhood would spray my front bumper every day. Drove me up the wall and my car always stunk!

Finally booked the car in for the center resonator delete next Tuesday. Got a quote for £65 with MIJ exhausts so decided to go ahead with it. Originally I was going to buy the pipes myself and get a family member to cut and weld them in, but for that price decided against the idea. Will update once it has been done, but for now a few winter whore pics!

IMG_0158-1.jpg

[uRIMG_0156.jpgL=http://s307.photobucket.com/user/jarvo_777/media/IMG_0149-1.jpg.html]IMG_0149-1.jpg

IMG_0160-1.jpg

That's a lot of money for such a small job really. MIJ are about an hours drive away, so I should get a good listen as to how it sounds on the motorway aswell. Looking forward to it to be honest, obviously I will keep the original box too. Then if I ever decide to put it back to stock I can do.

Been to have my resonator delete today at MIJ exhausts in Walsall. Only took them about an hour to complete the work. Sounds really nice, just amplifies that 6 pot a bit, more raspy at higher revs and pops a little on over run. No drone at all on the motorway, in fact it is actually quieter over 60mph than before. I'm really happy with result and for £65 i think was well worth it.

Silencer cut out

17AFAEDB-9A6F-4715-A044-6144F8876F0F.jpg

Straight Pipes in place

AF071EBD-8849-4EE4-A247-5601B3DABDA0.jpg

I will try and get a video posted when I get time aswell.