adam-m2

Faulty Wireless key range

Hi, not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place as I'm new to here, but any advice would be greatly appreciated

I've recently bought a 2005 e46 convertible, and the wireless key range is really poor, I literally have to stand next to the car to be able to unlock it wirelessly, any further than a meter away and it doesn't work. I ordered a new key for the car and programmed it accordingly, and still had to same issue so I know the key is not the issue. I believe it's most likely one of the receiver units in the car, can anyone confirm specifically what is most likely failing? And how I would go about replacing it?

If they're anything like the coupé I would say you're looking at a replacement diversity amp, just make sure you get one at the same frequency as the one you're replacing!

Oh, welcome along!

Thanks, I took a unit out earlier which I thought it was, a thin black/grey box located on the left side just below the CDC, After taking it out/unplugging it, the remote unlock was no different so it must have been the wrong part? it had 4 connections.