vtidaz

Headlights bonded together?

Hi guys,

I have a halo kit that I'm wanting to install on my car, I've looked at a few guides and videos and it seems "fairly" straightforward.

My question is, are my headlights glued shut? ie will I need a heat gun or similar to get them apart? I've seen some guides that do and quite a few that the headlight covers just clip off ?...

My car is an 05 facelift coupe (330cd)

Many thanks,

Yes, they're glued.

On all other cars (except facelift coupe/vert) they're clipped though.

Well that's typical! Was hoping they would just be clipped... Heard stories of the lights fogging up and such when they've been resealed.

Thank you for the quick reply, it has deterred me from starting it today lol

Its not a particularly difficult job, the most fiddly bit is getting the lights out without breaking the trim or headlamp washers.

Its easier if you have a second set of hands.

Oh and take your time when pulling them apart as i managed to crack one of my outer lenses when i did mine. It went back together fine but it could have easily been worse.

Thanks for the heads up, I really want them in but can see it being a job a put off indefinitely...

Its really not hard, just have to be careful and not rush if its your first time. If you need a hand and not far from Croydon ill be happy to help you out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did this literally like 3 weeks ago. As above the hardest bit is getting the headlights off the car (and putting them back in). I used a hair dryer on mine. Just apply some heat to the silicone and put a flat end screwdriver in it and twist it as you go along. Just do it slowly so you don't break anything. Once you've got a gap of around 2-3 inches I put my fingers in and pulled it apart. I only used heat on the bit I put my screw driver in. The rest was left as it was and just slowly pulled apart. It really isn't a hard job.

Make sure you superglue or silicone the rings in place otherwise they'll come off after a while. Use clear silicone too.

Let us know how it goes.

Good luck

Its really not hard, just have to be careful and not rush if its your first time. If you need a hand and not far from Croydon ill be happy to help you out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be great, but I couldn't be further from Croydon if I tried lol (Cumbria). Thank you for the offer though!

Really appreciate all the advice, I may give it a go tomorrow dependent on the weather.