nevkid91

Nev's BMW E46 320CD Convertible Build Thread

So, today Adzman1 came and re-coded the alarm and it beeps when locked or unlocked and alarm tone is different :punk:

(really need to figure out how to embed videos on here)

http://vid1277.photobucket.com/albums/y487/nevkid91/new%20number%20plate%20lights%20and%20alarm/IMG_1860_zpstnunvbga.mp4

Edited by nevkid91

So these came today:

IMG_1841_zpsd717c0a6.jpg

IMG_1839_zpsfe66fe28.jpg

So in went the first unit. Here's a comparison once fitted:

IMG_1842_zpsa2faede4.jpg

IMG_1846_zpsefd29076.jpg

IMG_1845_zpsb8eb7556.jpg

Second one going in:

IMG_1850_zps89fcda24.jpg

And both fitted:

IMG_1853_zpsf918a4cc.jpg

IMG_1855_zps232ace3a.jpg

And finally some night shots:

IMG_1859_zpsb13ab8f3.jpg

IMG_1858_zps364cace7.jpg

IMG_1857_zpse010e966.jpg

IMG_1861_zpsc8cb2f59.jpg

IMG_1862_zps5f37be6e.jpg

Lastly a before and after for a little comparison:

IMG_1870_zpsa2027ac7.jpg

So these came today:

IMG_1841_zpsd717c0a6.jpg

IMG_1839_zpsfe66fe28.jpg

So in went the first unit. Here's a comparison once fitted:

IMG_1842_zpsa2faede4.jpg

IMG_1846_zpsefd29076.jpg

IMG_1845_zpsb8eb7556.jpg

Second one going in:

IMG_1850_zps89fcda24.jpg

And both fitted:

IMG_1853_zpsf918a4cc.jpg

IMG_1855_zps232ace3a.jpg

And finally some night shots:

IMG_1859_zpsb13ab8f3.jpg

IMG_1858_zps364cace7.jpg

IMG_1857_zpse010e966.jpg

IMG_1861_zpsc8cb2f59.jpg

IMG_1862_zps5f37be6e.jpg

Lastly a before and after for a little comparison:

IMG_1870_zpsa2027ac7.jpg

I've been looking at these on Ebay tonight as it happens, much rather changing to a SMD replacement unit than an Led bulb. Where did you get these from mate? How do you find them in real life? (in you pics they look as though they leave glare spots on your number plate)

L4nky808:

The whole unit is far better than bulbs imo. The bulbs aren't as bright and if you have SMD's on your camera like I do it's quiet difficult to find a matching pair. These are more like lights at the rear of the car too :thumbup:

I got these from eBay for £19.99 direct fit. Here is the link for you:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310932300702?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Quick delivery. I find them very bright (not everyone likes super bright lights but I do). They don't really leave bright spots as such although the camera does emphasize it a lot more. The light does disperse fairly I'd say when looking in real life.

Looking good B)

Loving the work you have put in to the car

Just need to loose the m power number plate surround IMO to tidy up the front :thumbup:

Mr Xen:

Cheers mate. I have been considering taking off the plate surround and moving the plate to the right but I'm not sure the legality of it. Any idea? :mellow:

Not sure my self tbh....

How ever you will have to plug up the screw holes and spray over them if you want to move it .

Totally your call but I would just keep the plates central and remove the surround

Edited by Mr Xen

Not sure my self tbh....

How ever you will have to plug up the screw holes and spray over them if you want to move it .

Totally your call but I would just keep the plates central

I do have my painter who's willing to respray the front bumper for very cheap for me ^_^ Decisions, decisions. Guess I'll decide over the next few days and post here once done.

Not sure my self tbh....

Totally your call but I would just keep the plates central

I do have my painter who's willing to respray the front bumper for very cheap for me ^_^ Decisions, decisions. Guess I'll decide over the next few days and post here once done.

Just an update on this. My friend who's a MOT tester at kwik fit said it's only legal up to 13mm either direction to pass the MOT :o Think central is best!

I like your wheels and interior,looks good with the silver, but need more lows to pull the X5's. Plate holder def have to go or just use some paint.

I'm not a fan of the facelift angel.On pre facelift looks good tho.

The plate holder's will be going soon. Just waiting for the new ones to arrive :thumbup: Lows will be coming soon, just evaluating whether air suspension or coilovers will do for me. Kind of an issue because even next to my gym there are triangle speed humps :cry: I like the angels on the facelift to be fair ^_^

What about alfa romeos that come with the plate to side from factory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point :unsure: I should of asked about that. Could go plateless but being pulled over is effort :(

I thought the rule was the plate had to be on the most forward reaching part of the car? So the top of the windscreen on a roof rack/roll cage like some Defenders do isn't allowed, but the side of the bumper is.

Also decided it was time to do a boot build with a bigger sound system in place so first out went this:

IMG_2166_zpsf1d092fd.jpg

And had to change the amplifier. It's a Alpine PDX 1.600 on sale at the moment on eBay. It has 600RMS but has to be changed as the subwoofer is 1000RMS and 3000W Peak. So time to get a 1000 RMS amplifier and I have my eyes on one ^_^ Old one below:

IMG_2163_zpsd4249ac7.jpg