benwalsh91

Ben Walsh e46 coupe

Hello.

I used to be on here with my previous e46 which I built but had an incident that I ended up stripping for parts.

Here is what it used to look like

907C92F7-14BF-4368-A1F6-884F45526098-570

I then broke it for parts and decided to go down a differant route so I got an r32 skyline had some fun but realised it just wasnt a BMW and I got rid of it (and it was a massive pile of s**t)

17205396-D13F-41D7-B20D-4F870E86DFBA-570

So bored one day I was scouring the Internet and I found this...

323 coupe Cosmo Schwartz. Full black electric memory leather. Mtec front bumper 108k with full BMW service history. And really surprisingly clean bodywork with a few understandable marks but a good detail will get them out.

I found it on eBay and decided to put a bid of it for £1,000 and then later on I had a notification saying I won it for £900. Happy days. So went to go get it later that evening being a 10 hour round trip.

BE998454-69AE-4862-87E3-BF7ED5632AC2-246

7FEDF414-1174-4AFF-A47A-87105028841F-246

442B5F6F-5B5E-408A-A703-46D3D5581C6A-246

E438F862-ED91-4B5A-93B9-BE9694C94F1E-246

A128D95B-56DB-4709-98FA-6ED60A68EA60-246

The day after I got the car home I was bored and sitting around so I got on the Internet and purchased a few items.

I may have got carried away to say the least

Coilovers

Camber top mounts

Rear camber arms

Suede flat bottom steering wheel

Suede gaitors

Amber front

Amber sides

Amber led rears

Led adaptor cables

The car had a faulty rev guage. It just didnt work but I had my old speedo still in my garage so I plugged that in and it worked a charm.

Will be doing the coilovers and other parts some day soon I am sure.

I also have a set of genuine 3 piece 18" work equips to go on the car eventually.

They are 18x8 front 18x9 rear

Currently having the centres painted, centre caps made and adaptors made as they are jap 5x114.3 Fitment

37FB164C-D579-499C-B5E2-99CB8FEB5671-246

042F9844-7070-4478-9A3D-5D8A2C450783-246

1586DA98-CA16-4F4A-AC52-157FEFC400B6-246

Got allot more plans for this car. Going to debadge it in a bit.

Also looking for a new gear knob - I have had some suggestions

Boot lip spoiler

ACS rear window spoiler (had one on my old BMW and I liked it)

All red boot lights

Also going to polibush the car and get new lower arms etc etc and all new breaks probably after Christmas now. To get it feeling solid and also the breaks don't look like they have much life left

Also here is my other little bargain - I love a bargain me

E36 316 3 door manual

£300 - one lady owner and garage kept all it's life (till I got it)

One evening I was coming out of asda to get into my old car when I was appraoched from someone saying how I seem to always be having differant cars etc and they was taking delivery of their brand new BMW but only had space for just one car where they lived in my town. So I went straight from asda to this persons place to take a look. Was so mint but I advised I could only get £300 out from an ATM machine if they wanted it or not. They said yes so off I went lol the car was mine

My intention was to just put a 328 on the car and slide it but it was so mint I just couldn't. My mum came home and saw it and fell in love as she had one years ago just like it. It's still on my drive way and I may have it back one day soon as I know she is looking for a smaller car.

Two black BMW coupes for £1200. Not bad

5259FFF1-1D7C-4DFF-AD84-DBE3FD768204-246

Man I like your old bimmer, it was low :lol: nice dish.

You def got a bargain both car worth every penny if they don't have any trouble.

Would be better with black/carbon grill just like your old one.So far so good.

Yeah the other one I had on air. :) this one will stay static though I think.

Yeah I am tempted to black the grills along with the wing mirror basses as they are a bit weatherd

Only had the car a couple of weeks haha

Man I like your old bimmer, it was low :lol: nice dish.

You def got a bargain both car worth every penny if they don't have any trouble.

Would be better with black/carbon grill just like your old one.So far so good.

Yeah the other one I had on air. :) this one will stay static though I think.

Yeah I am tempted to black the grills along with the wing mirror basses as they are a bit weatherd

Only had the car a couple of weeks haha

What rear camber arms have u got? Maybe I will need one but not sure which one to go for.

What rear camber arms have u got? Maybe I will need one but not sure which one to go for.

Just some unbranded ones on eBay I had them on my old one and they didnt snap so... Decided to get them again was only about £80 so if they end up being rubish I will just get some named branded ones.

Edited by benwalsh91

über jealous on your steering wheel!!!

It feels so good to drive with. Such an upgrade. Due to this being a T reg and one of the first gen 46 it had the really old steering wheel it's actually came with the same wheel my 36 has haha. It had to go so decided to spend a bit more and get this over a later e46 mtec wheel

Just some unbranded ones on eBay I had them on my old one and they didnt snap so... Decided to get them again was only about £80 so if they end up being rubish I will just get some named branded ones.

Have u got a link?

Welcome to the forums mate ;) Nice car! Looking forward to progress.

Cheers buddy I am really looking forward to making some progress. I'm not usually one for threads or forums but I wanted a place I could detail the build on this as I've not really done build threads before :)

Remember your old car, via instagram. Keeping a watch on this, I love the work equip wheels look forward to you fitting them on.

Hello. Yes I believe I am following you and a few others that may be on here.

Yeah I done some maths for the work wheels and shouldn't be to hard to get under the standard arches with a bit of tweaking. By tweaking I mean angle grinder and an arch roller lol.

They are currently

18x8et35

18x9et37

5x114.3

A local engineering shop is able to make me 15mm adaptors to work the offsets out to

18x8et20

18x9et22

But I may change them to 18x9/10 in the future.

Haha oh yeah?

The camber top mounts where only about £70 the rear camber arms about £80 iirc

Coilovers where around £200 - I went for these as they are what I ran on my old 46 and I really liked them.

I know they are not the most expensive but I rate them and the car will never see competition use :)

How low you planning on going? Because you you seem to be going the full hog, for wheel spec's that should go on with a roll and some stretch fairly easy.

Also try g23 engineering for some custom caps.

Yeah some people love track and some people love super clean and oem. I just like being fitted. Doesn't make sense to some but I don't judge other people's taste :) but I am going to stay static with this one. My silver one on the first post was bagged before I broke it. Irony is that I shatared the sump, snapped the subframe and literally ripped the gearbox off when it was on air...

Yeah I've contacted them but they seem really over priced and they have a 5 week wait. I have a locals home shop who will be making me the adaptors and charging £200 over the £265 g23 are charging although we have used g23 before on our Worthersee project but I've seen the quality of this other shop and I am impressed with there adaptors/spacers so are interested in giving them a go. But g23 do know there s**t.

Yeah going the full hog as if I'm going to do it I may as well do it first time around so I don't have to rip it all apart to do it again haha.

I will be taking a grinder to the rear arches to get rid of that gigantic rear around BMW love to do on the rear arches and then weld the double slim together and then roll it silky smooth to get it sitting nice and not rubbing :)

If anyone needs any help with offsets or anything please by all means drop me a message and I will help as much as I can that also goes for sourcing some parts too