mRd

BMW E46 Wing Mirrors types

Hi there,

So I would like to know more about what types of mirrors were on E46? Like ac schnitzer, m3 mirrors were different, but there were more different shaped mirrors?

As i need passanger side wing mirror i want to know what would fit me? My E46 is coupe 318ci, non folding mirrors or without any memory.

I would actually to get let's say m3 folding mirrors, how could I fit them?

If you want power folds on non memory check out the retrofit thread on fanatics.

I have m3 powerfolds on mine but as I have memory seats it was plug and play

Fold on remote though will require coding.

www.bobsbmw.co.uk

Edited by Chimp Choker

As i needed pasengers side mirror, i got two mirrors non folding but with memory, wiring loom from the doors and memory module. £65 for everything. How do I fit that? As my one's non folding no memory, seats the same.

What year motor do you have as there are different wiring configurations dependant on age

www.bobsbmw.co.uk

Is there any easy way to tell by just looking at the wiring? Mine's a March 2000 coupe with memory. Wanted to change mine at some point but not sure what I'm looking at :)

March 2000 would most likely be loom. Dead easy check though is to take off the black triangle type cover where the bolts for the door mirrors are.

You will see the loom or ribbon go into the mirror housing.

On the coupe with memory you will need the powerfolds mirrors and powerfold door switch (again though there are different switches depending on if you have memory or not )

All should be plug and play and can be retrofitted in about 1 hour. If you want remote folding though this will need coding.

I posted up on here a few years ago with the ncs settings that you need to change, I'll attach the link soon

www.bobsbmw.co.uk

I went to scrap yard yesterday, spent like 5 hours taking out the wiring loom out of 330ci, it was with folding mirrors, electric seats with memory and heated too. So I picked everything up. Now I need like a month to put everything back, because the ammount of wires I have to sort out... I would actually better pay auto electrician to do that.

March 2000 would most likely be loom. Dead easy check though is to take off the black triangle type cover where the bolts for the door mirrors are.

You will see the loom or ribbon go into the mirror housing.

On the coupe with memory you will need the powerfolds mirrors and powerfold door switch (again though there are different switches depending on if you have memory or not )

All should be plug and play and can be retrofitted in about 1 hour. If you want remote folding though this will need coding.

I posted up on here a few years ago with the ncs settings that you need to change, I'll attach the link soon

www.bobsbmw.co.uk

Awesome, cheers for that mate. So it's just a simple case of pop the cover off and look at whether its a ribbon or a set of cables?

Can anyone tell me please, what wires and where to connect if I want to have folging mirrors with memory? Basicly i removed whole wiring loom from another E46 which had folding mirrors with memory and electric heated seats with memory. About the seats I found enough info how to install everything to work, now just need to know if anyone has done this?

February 2000, my mirrors were 6 pin, the ones i bought is 12 pin, and like i said got all the wiring just not sure what were and where to connect it

Did you get the door mirror modules that sit behind the door cards

Yes I got both of them. Installed both door wiring yesterday with the modules. Plugged in the mirrors into the modules. But they dont work, nothing. Will I need the programing for that?

You'll also need to change the VO in NCS to add the 2 modules BTN and FTN. These are required as part of the memory function

Could you show me the picture how it looks and where are they located? Thanks!