Sign in to follow this  
Callum

Front Anti-roll bar drop links

I have been advised to replace both of these and have purchased the parts.

Should I pay labour (cheap, halfords employee) or shove it on myself? Never done a job of this description and the autocenter said I could use their ramp but I'm not 100% on what to do.

Anyone else had a similar problem?

Also sidenote - There's a small oil leak from the gearbox, is there a common seal that fails?

Anti roll bar links are easy enough to do yourself. A spanner and ratchet is all u will need. But make sure the front end is up in the air (both sides)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As above, also not sure a ramp is much help, unless its one that goes off jacking points rather than one you drive onto. Otherwise you would need to jack the car on the ramp, which i don't imagine is safe to do!

I'd DIY it.

Jack both sides up at the same time, remove wheels, two bolts per drop link. Good practice/easy thing to do if you're still learning.

That said, if it's only going to be a tenner or so, I'd pay it just for the convenience if I didn't stand to learn anything.

Skip to 1m30sec:

Basically the same as this procedure but possibly different size nuts. very simple DIY as said above.

Need to do mine too.. Bought some Meyle HD drop links, been quoted £10 a side to replace them but it's a mates garage so he'll do them both for £15.

Even for £20 i'd just pay someone to do it! lol. Not worth my time. :P

I did it myself in the end. To clarify it's the lift that grabs on the jacking points.

I forgot my locking wheel nut key so I had to work around the wheel :wacko:

Also, now my O/S front ball joint is fubar, how hard is a wishbone to replace? :D