JDS1808

What fuel do you use?

Still using pikey spec ASDA fuel. Hasn't blown up yet, but it does kick out an impressive cloud of smoke if I floor it. (Not sure if that's the fuel, or the remap)

Did about 65,000 miles on the stuff. It won't go bang. It just won't. It also didn't go bang on oil that was £3 a litre rather than £10 a litre.

Marketing is for suckers.

Tesco momentum. On a regular tank of unleaded I can squueze around 380 miles per tank, but with the momentum stuff I get roughly around 50-60 miles more to the tank.

Weird you say that my wife went from V Power unleaded to momentum for a month (4 fillups) and she said she was getting less mileage than she was experiencing previously, hence back to V power, she has a petrol Seat Leon Cupra - maybe its just down to the difference in the cars petrol turbo vs. petrol n/a???

Still using pikey spec ASDA fuel. Hasn't blown up yet, but it does kick out an impressive cloud of smoke if I floor it. (Not sure if that's the fuel, or the remap)

Did about 65,000 miles on the stuff. It won't go bang. It just won't. It also didn't go bang on oil that was £3 a litre rather than £10 a litre.

Marketing is for suckers.

ultimately its each to their own, i don't fall for the marketing in fact never look/ looked at it, continue to use V Power due to my own experiences, especially when I used to tow a caravan and doing comparison journey on journey, all ill say normal diesel on tow (gulf diesel vs V power) - same journey, same car, same caravan, same load, same tyre pressures, similar weather conditions, 18.9mpg vs. 25.7mpg + a damn sight more soot over the front of my van after 331 miles from normal diesel.

like I say i don't agree or disagree I just go by my own experience! When I got my Bm, I had as lightly hunty idle at cold, when discussing with previous owner he only used normal diesel. I have solely used super diesel Shell predominantly and about a month of BP, I have used 2 bottles of Wynns gold injector cleaner and guess what ... no hunty idle on cold!

i used to use only v power but once after a long run i had my injectors tapping alot,needed fuel stuck bp stuff in and the noise went can injecters be too clean?

Good question, other on other forums have said similar that their engine is slightly more vocal on V Power, I have never noticed it myself and I am OCD to say the least.

Tesco momentum. On a regular tank of unleaded I can squueze around 380 miles per tank, but with the momentum stuff I get roughly around 50-60 miles more to the tank.

Weird you say that my wife went from V Power unleaded to momentum for a month (4 fillups) and she said she was getting less mileage than she was experiencing previously, hence back to V power, she has a petrol Seat Leon Cupra - maybe its just down to the difference in the cars petrol turbo vs. petrol n/a???

I have no idea why this happens, might be the turbo vs n/a. I have been putting in regular petrol at first, but only managed to get up to 400 miles to the tank once. With the momentum stuff I rarely get lower than 440 miles to the tank. I'm not smashing it constantly, but no grandpa driving either.

I also found I used to get better MPG with the 'premium' fuel in my Polo GTI. After a while though, the cost of fuel increased far enough to wipe out any savings in MPG, so I went back to cheap stuff. (39 vs 36 if memory serves me. Used to knock less too)

Edited by TriggerFish

Been using shell v power. Might aswell buy some shares with my local garage on Gillette corner lol.

Shell V-Power Turbo Nitro Super Duper........or whatever the f**k its called.

Fill up that often i'm a regular at my local Shell, i'm on first name terms with the fella behind the til!

Have only ever really used Sainsbury's or Tesco's depending on the weekly shop, after reading through this thread I'm going to give some of the 'premium' brands a go to see if there is any difference in running/performance/mpg.

Bungers - have you any source data for that?

Sainsburys for the Nectar points!

This! :thumbsup:

And this. I'd be interested to see any info regarding any retailer's bio content. :)
Sorry for the late reply chaps - yes, it says so on the pump! Also when I had my Alfa 159 in at the dealership there were signs saying they wouldn't honour any warranty work if a car developed a problem after using Morrisons diesel because the bio levels are above the recommended by Alfa. Don't know if they've changed it now as I never use it. Edited by bungers

Expensive stuff every time! Both mine feel crap on cheap stuff plus the D doesn't smoke as much on the good stuff.

One of the guy`s on a bike forum ive looked at contacted all the fuel company`s to see what craps in the fuel & ESSO "say" they don't use all the muck that rots old Motorbike fuel tanks!

Don't know if its true but you may wanna check it out ya sens.

Since having my 330CD (only about a month) I've gone through 2 full tanks of tesco's special diesel, mainly because of 20p off a litre..

My last 2 tanks got 572 miles and 585 miles with 60/40 miles left on OBC.

I've got 1 more tank of tesco to do and then I'd doing V power derv and will update results!

Sainsburys for the Nectar points!

This! :thumbsup:

And this. I'd be interested to see any info regarding any retailer's bio content. :)
Sorry for the late reply chaps - yes, it says so on the pump! Also when I had my Alfa 159 in at the dealership there were signs saying they wouldn't honour any warranty work if a car developed a problem after using Morrisons diesel because the bio levels are above the recommended by Alfa. Don't know if they've changed it now as I never use it.
Yep, my missus has a smax and there was a warning letter from ford in the driver's info pack regarding morrisons diesel. It basically said that there's too much bio s**te in it. Always use regular esso diesel in the '46 with a double dose of millers. Edited by coop

Yep, my missus has a smax and there was a warning letter from ford in the driver's info pack regarding morrisons diesel. It basically said that there's too much bio s**te in it. Always use regular esso diesel in the '46 with a double dose of millers.

Where have you found out to use regular esso out of interest?

& What is this millers you speak of! I've also seen on FB some stuff you can put in to 'clean' the turbo out - anyone heard of this?

Cheers.