sive s

Sive E46 M3 Vert - Laguna Seca Blue (LSB)

FFS this is a proper car with proper amounts of power

DO NOT PUT STRETCHED TYRES ON

And normal service is resumed.

My cousin has stretched tires on a 387bhp APR Stage 2+ S3 - granted it is quattro, but he is still perfectly alive, in good health, and driving the car on a daily basis.

It's not stretched tires that will kill you, it's the way that you drive. If Sive wants to go 'scene' with this car then he's going to do it regardless of your opinion mate.

I personally don't get the obsession, and agree on you OEM approach... but then I am 32, so I'm passed the stage of modifying my car to current trends. Your more welcome to offer your opinion, that's what forums are for, but why does every post you make have to be construed in a way that forces your views down people's throats?

Truthfully there is a discussion i am having with my mates about streched tores compared to standard. One topic is the sidewall flex. As the less side wall the less flex. Thats why you see race cars look like there tires are stretched. But yes it is not a race car. ( this is my opinion. stand to be corrected).

Also the tires choice is the most important thing in my opinion. i have seen the difference between the quality.

Cheers mate for the reply.

Will do the summer alloys as stretched.

Same idea i think what DJ Syxx is doing.

Not been into the stretched look. But only will go to a certain limit. So it looks flush with the arches.

Chill out lads. [emoji2] [emoji106]

Personally on an M3, I would run as much rubber to the floor as possible :)

And that's coming from someone who has a fair bit of stretch and a bit too many lows haha!

Via Mobile Telecommunications Device

I agree mate. Especially in the wet. That day when it fishtailed. It was chucking it down with rain.

Lol yeah have to like the lows and those alloys are so nice. The kind of style i like alot.

Fair enough, nah I wasn't talking just about grip like the others were. I like the idea of a M3 with silly wide wheel/tires haha! Like I saw a M3 with 11J Rears and 285 something tires. Looked amazing!!!!

I think I can get away with 225/40 tires on the back of mine as its only a 318ci doesn't have the wide arches or the factory stance that the M3 has.

Your not the only one mate. Trying to push thr boundaries of fitting silly dished alloys. I really need stop going on ebay. On a ebay buy it now hype lmao.

Gonna go for 255/35 on the rears as its a slight stretch. Seen on the csl alloys.

255/35 isn't wide for M3! I'd go wider haha

If I had an M3... I would want it to sit like this - http://www.stancenation.com/2013/06/02/just-right-kazukis-beautiful-bmw-e46/

Edited by Naj

My cousin has stretched tires on a 387bhp APR Stage 2+ S3 - granted it is quattro, but he is still perfectly alive, in good health, and driving the car on a daily basis.

It's not stretched tires that will kill you, it's the way that you drive. If Sive wants to go 'scene' with this car then he's going to do it regardless of your opinion mate.

I personally don't get the obsession, and agree on you OEM approach... but then I am 32, so I'm passed the stage of modifying my car to current trends. Your more welcome to offer your opinion, that's what forums are for, but why does every post you make have to be construed in a way that forces your views down people's throats?

Yep, I'll continue to offer my opinion as per my disclaimer below :)

Good for him, I am pleased to hear he is alive and well, certainly don't want to hear the other side of that coin

It's both, yes he will and I wouldn't not even for a minute expect that to change because of something someone said on an Internet (been there done it, not worth it)

It's not an obsession at all, I don't even post that much anyone, I can post a lot more trust me

All my posts are not and I am genuinely sorry (:(:() if they come across that way

I have met Sives in real life at a couple of shows and he's a nice guy, I don't want to come on here and find he's written off his M3 due to stretched tyres and being scene (#racecar, lows, YOLO and all that BS)

You simply cannot argue with fact, less rubber = less grip, in a slow car this might not be such a big problem, but, in a fast car (and the M3 is that) surely it needs at least the same amount of rubber as from the factory. The only exception to this is if it is a show car and as such is not driven often and can be driven accordingly.

Plus Sives has already said it fishtailed in the rain, you think LESS rubber will help ?

Right, I'm going to put this to bed now before it turns into tit-for-tat b******t.

Sorry if my post made me sound like I was trying to dig you out - that's certainly not the intention, in this thread or others. I'm merely offering constructive criticism in the way for portray your opinion.

In you response to my response (if that makes sense) you have written an informative, and well written, opinion as to why you do not beleive stretch tyres are a good idea - this I applaud. This is in stark contrast to the initial post that I responded to that consisted of 'ffs' and a string of capital letters - if your first post was construed in the same way as your later response I probably would have given it a like instead of feeling the need to respond with what I did.

That is merely the point I was making, nothing more.

Thats good its settled. A misunderstanding. Let all go for a nice pint. No alcoholic or alcoholic lol

Like what i said each person has there own opinion. Always here to listen. Forums are like this. [emoji4]

Truthfully there is a discussion i am having with my mates about streched tores compared to standard. One topic is the sidewall flex. As the less side wall the less flex. Thats why you see race cars look like there tires are stretched. But yes it is not a race car. ( this is my opinion. stand to be corrected).

Also the tires choice is the most important thing in my opinion. i have seen the difference between the quality.

Cheers mate for the reply.

Will do the summer alloys as stretched.

Same idea i think what DJ Syxx is doing.

Not been into the stretched look. But only will go to a certain limit. So it looks flush with the arches.

Chill out lads. [emoji2] [emoji106]

Personally on an M3, I would run as much rubber to the floor as possible :)

And that's coming from someone who has a fair bit of stretch and a bit too many lows haha!

Via Mobile Telecommunications Device

I agree mate. Especially in the wet. That day when it fishtailed. It was chucking it down with rain.

Lol yeah have to like the lows and those alloys are so nice. The kind of style i like alot.

Fair enough, nah I wasn't talking just about grip like the others were. I like the idea of a M3 with silly wide wheel/tires haha! Like I saw a M3 with 11J Rears and 285 something tires. Looked amazing!!!!

I think I can get away with 225/40 tires on the back of mine as its only a 318ci doesn't have the wide arches or the factory stance that the M3 has.

Your not the only one mate. Trying to push thr boundaries of fitting silly dished alloys. I really need stop going on ebay. On a ebay buy it now hype lmao.

Gonna go for 255/35 on the rears as its a slight stretch. Seen on the csl alloys.

255/35 isn't wide for M3! I'd go wider haha

If I had an M3... I would want it to sit like this - http://www.stancenation.com/2013/06/02/just-right-kazukis-beautiful-bmw-e46/

Lol haha i dont want balloon tires tho. [emoji23]

Lol haha i dont want balloon tires tho. [emoji23]

Wider doesn't mean ballooney though? lol

I look forward to see what you do it mate :)

Trust me mate. I myself dont know what i am doing. Lol

Advice lads. Should i keep the bbs rs gt alloys.

What people's opinion of these with some spacers sitting flush with alloys.

Want a rare set of alloys but i have to be patient as i need to do some fixing to the car.

Say whatever you want. Open to opinion.

IMO...

Buy some 18/19" Genuine M3 wheels especially for the winter as you'll benefit from the extra girth, plus being honest it looks a bit tired at the moment with the poor fitting CSL reps in black which appear to be quite badly kerbed?

just some nice clean OEM M3 wheels with decent tyres & make some cash back selling both sets of wheels you have seems a good choice to me!

IMO...

Buy some 18/19" Genuine M3 wheels especially for the winter as you'll benefit from the extra girth, plus being honest it looks a bit tired at the moment with the poor fitting CSL reps in black which appear to be quite badly kerbed?

just some nice clean OEM M3 wheels with decent tyres & make some cash back selling both sets of wheels you have seems a good choice to me!

I was thinking this too mate. Still considering the options.

One of the members on m3cutters has a set of rota gtr.

Trying to get him to sell them.

If i cant then will go down the oem route.

Like what you said. Not a fan of black and csl alloys. Personal taste here.

see, this to me looks great!

Details-about-BMW-M3-CONVERTIBLE-RARE-LA

ride height the lot!

I'd be hard pushed to mess with an M3 wheel/suspension wise even given my track record :lol:

I agree mate. They look nice with the oem 19s. Its the polished look. Which makes it look nice.

Offsets are:

Fronts - 19 inch - 8.5 j -et38

rears - 19 inch -9.5 j - et35

Been told on cutters that i should not be running stretched tires.

As i have 215/35 on the fronts and at the moment 235/35/19 on the rear. Should i change them.

Also where is the nearest bmw independent garage. Need to double check the SMG and subframe.

Problem is those wheels aren't proper M3 fitment and are suited for normal E46 or E90/92 fitment but to get them out a bit you will need a 15mm spacer which will get them where you need them to be. 20mm would be nicer to bring out more flush but I wouldn't fancy running that unless you get one of those bolt on ones.

Front won't need one but if you wanted to bring it out you could run a 10 or 12mm.

Tyres rears you said you need new so they can be ditched. The fronts I would also ditch and sell off as you won't need stretch for the front.

So that leaves you with running OEM spec or CSL spec tyres.

OEM 255/35/19 + 225/40/19

CSL 265/30/19 + 235/35/19

Opinions are that a 265/30/19 clears the rear arches better, either setup is fine and shouldn't have an issue with either. The other factor is tyre brand as some have more squarer walls then rounded so another thing to consider.

As to regards to stretched tyres, end of the day if you drive like a hero then yep you will get caught out with the car. On an M3 though you want decent tyres and as much grip as possible. Even with the OEM contis on my winters and wider contis on my summer wheels I have had the back end spin up a bit. With a narrower tyre you will have more chance of this happening so personally I wouldn't run too much stretch mate.

Another piece of advice as well, run the car for a bit get used to it before you start spending money on mods. These cars can bite you in the arse without warning so keep some cash aside for any maintenance the car needs first. First thing you need to do is prioritise for decent tyres.

Mod wise I wouldn't bother with the corner splitters I don't like them, I'd go with the full length one and as for whether you should keep the BBS up to you, personally I'd get something else but that's me! lol

Think Driftworks do 0% finance on some stuff if you like the GTR look, just a thought.

Yeah i have seen this tempting lol. looks like the csl will be getting sold. Will use the tires tho. Was thinking the bronze look on the car.

the barrels are in good condition almost mint.

the second from left wheel has had lacquer removed and has been polished by hand just needs a final buff up then lacquered to be mint.

then the other 3 will need doing.

theres no kerb rash on any of these rims.

no dings/dents of flat spots whatsoever

no hanging about on this 1 guys,there advertised elsewhere

Edited by e46 330ci vert

Offsets are:

Fronts - 19 inch - 8.5 j -et38

rears - 19 inch -9.5 j - et35

Been told on cutters that i should not be running stretched tires.

As i have 215/35 on the fronts and at the moment 235/35/19 on the rear. Should i change them.

Also where is the nearest bmw independent garage. Need to double check the SMG and subframe.

Problem is those wheels aren't proper M3 fitment and are suited for normal E46 or E90/92 fitment but to get them out a bit you will need a 15mm spacer which will get them where you need them to be. 20mm would be nicer to bring out more flush but I wouldn't fancy running that unless you get one of those bolt on ones.

Front won't need one but if you wanted to bring it out you could run a 10 or 12mm.

Tyres rears you said you need new so they can be ditched. The fronts I would also ditch and sell off as you won't need stretch for the front.

So that leaves you with running OEM spec or CSL spec tyres.

OEM 255/35/19 + 225/40/19

CSL 265/30/19 + 235/35/19

Opinions are that a 265/30/19 clears the rear arches better, either setup is fine and shouldn't have an issue with either. The other factor is tyre brand as some have more squarer walls then rounded so another thing to consider.

As to regards to stretched tyres, end of the day if you drive like a hero then yep you will get caught out with the car. On an M3 though you want decent tyres and as much grip as possible. Even with the OEM contis on my winters and wider contis on my summer wheels I have had the back end spin up a bit. With a narrower tyre you will have more chance of this happening so personally I wouldn't run too much stretch mate.

Another piece of advice as well, run the car for a bit get used to it before you start spending money on mods. These cars can bite you in the arse without warning so keep some cash aside for any maintenance the car needs first. First thing you need to do is prioritise for decent tyres.

Mod wise I wouldn't bother with the corner splitters I don't like them, I'd go with the full length one and as for whether you should keep the BBS up to you, personally I'd get something else but that's me! lol

Cheers for the advice mate.

Will be swapping the tires around.

Csl will be for sale soon with ac schnizter diffuser.

Spacers i have gone for the 15mm ones. Bought from autosri on here. Cheers mate.

Yeah will be doing the maintanence. Need to get dips address. But he didnt reply back to the text i sent.

Update.

Stud conversion kit arrieved last night. Few other maintence stuff should be here by tomorrow. Gonna be a busy weekend. Fitting all these stuff.

post-16255-141649816481_thumb.jpg

Sive, link to the ///M decal >>> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200957757404?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Perfect fitment by all accounts, a load of US guys on the m5board have fitted them, much cheaper & easier than replacing the full badge.

He does a discount for m5board members and postage is no more for multiple decals, so we could get a couple of save on postage, same applies to anyone else who wants in on this

Lanky take a chill pill and stop being a fud

Zimmer u can say what u like on this forum as its your opinion and that's all that counts

Lanky I like ur posts but less comments on others posts and this tit for tat pish wouldn't occur

Laters fookers!!!!!

Welcome along to the party... Bet your missis loves you If you always take that long to come!! [emoji12]