TriggerFish

The Happy Topic :-)

I've now been off my statin medication for 2 months. I've managed to get my weight below 13st, and have kept it there for over 4 weeks (yep, even over Christmas/New Year....) by avoiding red meat, dairy products and bread, and by walking 3+ miles at a fast pace on at least 5 days a week. I feel so much better!

If, when I see him on Tuesday, the Doc tells me he wants me to go back on the statin I'm going to tell him where to stick them.

Je suis Charlie

Edited by StuBeeDoo

I've now been off my statin medication for 2 months. I've managed to get my weight below 13st, and have kept it there for over 4 weeks (yep, even over Christmas/New Year....) by avoiding red meat, dairy products and bread, and by walking 3+ miles at a fast pace on at least 5 days a week. I feel so much better!

If, when I see him on Tuesday, the Doc tells me he wants me to go back on the statin I'm going to tell him where to stick them.

Je suis Charlie

Well done buddy ?

This one has just come back to me..... I thought at the time I should post it here, but by the time I got on the 'net again I'd forgotten. Anyway.......

Tuesday morning, early, I was out on my walk. Normally, around here, anyone you pass-by only speaks if spoken to. So, imagine my surprise when I'm walking up to a frosted-over car and the woman wielding the scraper looks 'round, notices me, smiles, and cheerily says "Gooood morning!".

It's a very small thing, but for someone (that'll be me then...) who normally has trouble getting even a grunt out of anyone he greets when out walking, it really cheered me up. :)

Je suis Charlie

Edited by StuBeeDoo

............. I feel so much better! If, when I see him on Tuesday, the Doc tells me he wants me to go back on the statin I'm going to tell him where to stick them.

In spite of my new dietary/fitness regime my cholesterol is back to 6.2. He gave me the option of going back on, but he didn't push it. He seemed to think that as I don't have any family history of heart problems and I feel better/fitter off the statins that I can continue to stay off.

Supposedly adding 1tsp of olive oil to a glass of water a day and drinkingit will have a good effect on cholestrol too

Just rang an old pension provider to update my details as they haven't had my current address since I moved over ten years ago!

Got told I have nearly a £1000.00 worth of shares since they demutualised in 2006 and over £200.00 in dividends.

Happy days :)

On the way home today, I had a very, very low speed crash, which was my fault. (A car barged its way into a position where there wasn't space for it, forcing me into a side road). The car behind me followed, and once we'd come to a stop, I let the foot brake off, and rolled backwards a little and hit her car.

I pulled over, and she pulled over next to me with her window down(she didn't seem fussed, wasn't even going to bother checking her car). I got out and checked hers, and there was a tiny bit of damage, much like the folded size/shape of a staple, which I told her about. She wasn't fussed at all, and said not to worry.

Really nice attitude, given it was my fault, and there was damage which I'd have been 'happy' to pay to fix. (My car was fine, or the dirt's hiding the damage, one or the other!)

It was a 2011 Ford Focus, so not an old banger either.

So to you, other driver, whoever you are, thanks (and again, sorry)!

(Makes a contrast to the driver who hit/damaged my sister's car and is now denying it...)

Good person. I had someone go Into the back of me in one of my banger e30s. The woman was worried silly when she got out. I didn't even look at the car, told her not to worry, I wasn't bothered.upon inspection, no damage anyway!

In fact some one else went I to the back of a different e30. I got 2 number plate holes in my bumper. Again, said not to worry. She took my number anyway. I got a call saying she was claiming. A insurance man came and looked, said it'd be a write off, could he cut me a cheque and forget about it. No problem. He wrote out a £800 cheque and went off!

Edited by Sam

When booking some time off earlier, I realised I've got enough annual leave left to book one week off each month until the end of the leave year in September (35 days) :)

Edited by TriggerFish

Yep, a friend said they got 25, less christmas closure, I couldn't believe it was so few. I thought 28 was legal minimum.

Plus we get 8 'consessionary' days/bank holidays.

Will be 5 days less next year though :(

I thought 28 was legal minimum.

AFAIK 28 IS the minimum, but that includes the 8 bank holidays (it's done that way so that people who have to work some or all of the bank hols get them back).

I get 25 + bank holidays, but we have to keep 2x half-days for the afternoons of Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. :(