ATM

£1.05 per litre

I just bought some petrol from Tesco for 113.9 per litre. That's seriously cheap. I hope it keeps going down or stays here. It's hard to really enjoy it in this weather. My car is a serious handful even with Winter tyres. I've been looking at X5's - missing my old S4 with quattro.

Edited by Daz 330 Cs

Cheap would be back to the 75p or so I was paying in 2005.

Cheap would be the 78p per gallon I was paying in '79. Mind, that was expensive after the 35p/gallon I remember from around '73/74.

(For those who don't relate to gallons, 35p/gallon = 7.7p/litre and 78p/gallon = 17.2p/ltr)

can remember the last time petrol strikes around 2000 i think,everyone up in arms with blockades etc price went to 79p per litre,i had a for sierra saphire 1800 and i used to get 75 mile for a tenner thats three gallon i think

1978 you could go to local esso out of hours and use the cash pump 50 p then they got a machine that took 1 pound notes but only worked when fresh and you had to put the queens head in first lol,£1 got me to and from work for 3 days

1978 you could go to local esso out of hours and use the cash pump 50 p then they got a machine that took 1 pound notes but only worked when fresh and you had to put the queens head in first lol

So they did! :) Totally forgotten that. Thanks for the memory. :thumbsup:

Prices spiked because oil was around $100 per barrel. Now it's at $50 per barrel but prices still high.

Tbh though not sure whats holding the prices up as oil companies only make like 20-25% of the price per litre or something like that.. The rest of it is tax and the tax on the tax, then the tax on the tax of the tax which is taxed again. lol.

Diesel is down to around £1.20 a litre here. Still nothing compared to when I was in Egypt in 2012 - 10p a litre! :o

lol

they are saying iys still high as when they buy it ,say three month ago it was at the price,so selling old stock,according to them anyway,so if they buy loads now and it goes up will they sell us it cheap as they bought it cheap,me thinks not

they are saying iys still high as when they buy it ,say three month ago it was at the price,so selling old stock,according to them anyway,so if they buy loads now and it goes up will they sell us it cheap as they bought it cheap,me thinks not

Yep! Just like electricity and gas..

The chaps in the city who buy and sell even have the tankers sit off at anchor till prices rise to make more money and doing so can make prices stay high at pumps,government dont tell that on news at ten.

Cheap would be back to the 75p or so I was paying in 2005.

I was paying around that for a gallon when i had my Fizzie :)

ahh but my ap 50 would do ya fizzie

There is a Gulf station in central London, petrol at 139.9 and diesel at 144.9!!!

Shell round the corner is 113.9 and 121.9.

Spend £3656 on diesel so far this year.