Chrishawker86

Has anyone taken an angle grinder to the rear arches?

About 18 month now. None however I had a little corrosion prior to the roll knowing that it was going to be resprayed at some point.

I was very happy with the results and wouldn't hesitate at doing it again if I needed to

Www.bobsbmw.co.uk

Do not just cut the lips off!

The inner and outer arch are spot welded together around the lip, keeping the whole rear end tied together.

The usual way is to get all the old sealant out from above the lip and then use several passes with an arch roller to gradually turn the lip all the way over and flat against the pannels. You can then keep going and pull the small vertical section of the arch out to a slight angle.

You'll almost certainly damage the paint in the process, and will want to reseal it all anyway so brush in plenty of seam sealer.

For cutting out the sealant, Stanley knife can take long. What's did is got a round wire wheel that attaches onto a drill and used that to rip out all the sealant all the way to the metal. Takes around 10-15 mins per arch. Just careful on the flying sealant as it can get hot and wire wheel will break up and be a bit of a pain.

Naj your car's look class follow you in insta. You in the sumpscrapers group?

Haha thanks mate, what's your IG? Nope I'm not on sumpscrapers..

Via Mobile Telecommunications Device