Chrishawker86

Has anyone taken an angle grinder to the rear arches?

I think you can only do a certain amount, before bigger work is needed.

That pic look like there hasn't been much flare added, his just used stupidly stretched tyres, and the arches are probly rolled flat

A car from Texas! Bet they have loads of salt on the roads in winter! Don't cut them dude Jay is right, the arch is part of the strength of the arch/car, soon as you cut it the arch will ripple then it'll need a bodyshop! Just pay the money have them rolled and pulled as in the picture!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't feel comfortable taking a grinding disc to my rear arches, I know I'm king of Bodges but working in stress engineering , the rear arch lip of the e46 forms part of the structure of the car. Not something Id want to take away.

Ive seen other people do it without hearing any issues that where i got the idea from

Ahh well, if others have done it - must be ok then!

If you wanna save money you can roll the arches with a baseball bat.... After removing all of the sealant.

Years ago I had arch enemy out on a 306 I had.... Was £80

I didn't feel comfortable taking a grinding disc to my rear arches, I know I'm king of Bodges but working in stress engineering , the rear arch lip of the e46 forms part of the structure of the car. Not something Id want to take away.

Ive seen other people do it without hearing any issues that where i got the idea from

Ahh well, if others have done it - must be ok then!

like i said just an idea

and like i said, your altering the structure of the chassis. I'm only trying to help, after I have already told you cutting the sealant out & hammering it back into place is perfectly safe and will cost you nothing :)

I think you can only do a certain amount, before bigger work is needed.

That pic look like there hasn't been much flare added, his just used stupidly stretched tyres, and the arches are probly rolled flat

Cool, ill have to ring around and get prices if thats just all that is needed

What et will your wheels be etc?

tbh i cant remember what they are at the moment. The rear wheels are a 9j and fit as they should no spacers fitted. Got a 215 tyre on it so slightly stretched too

I would get a roll and abit of a flair, the 15 looks right, maybe add abit more camber, to help tuck

Yea suppose if i got the work done first then i can see what i have to play with then

Looks cool with 15mm dude! Is the 5mm extra worth the hassle and money?

Cant be sure without trying one on. Im sure itll probably fit with them rolled and flared.

With what dude? You'll have a thin piece of sheet steel, the arch is going to lose all its strength, anything you put on the cut will wash straight of first time you use it in the rain!

Lol !

I bought an arch roller, cut the sealer out and waxoyled mid roll then again once flat.

Then sold my roller for £5 less than I paid for it

Www.bobsbmw.co.uk

I bought an arch roller, cut the sealer out and waxoyled mid roll then again once flat.

Then sold my roller for £5 less than I paid for it

Www.bobsbmw.co.uk

How long have they been done? Any signs of corrosion?