Chrishawker86

Plasti dip

Only done small parts like grilles, wheels etc just make sure that the surface is squeaky clean preferably with ipa or alcohol wipe, seems to last longer on a well prepared surfaced

Only done small parts like grilles, wheels etc just make sure that the surface is squeaky clean preferably with ipa or alcohol wipe, seems to last longer on a well prepared surfaced

Coolio gonna do the whole car. Got a spare wing to test on see how it goes. Whats IPA?

I wouldn't use water as that's full of impurities, the whole point of it being alcohol is it evaporates

100% once you've wiped the surface clean.

Edited by dunk1

You can get big packs of paint prep wipes that are IPA-based in Halfords for about £2-3.

I used plasti-dip on my wheels last winter and my god it was terrible to clean. The dirt seemed to get inground into it and wouldn't come off. The only way I found to clean it properly was to use some alcohol-based cleaner to wipe it down but that was taking layer of the plasti-dip off.

I had whole bike done in blaze orange. Looked good at the begining but became discoloured quite quickly in the sunlight, nearly went yellow. And took absolute ages to take off when we decided to send bike for proper spray job. It is easy for a while but the longer you keep it the harder it will be to remove. Also as above, not that easy to clean, catches every dirt it can and don't even think touching it with something greasy, it'll stay stained forever... I though about doing my car, company near me does it for £400 with years warranty but after my experience with a bike I would never do it.

EDIT:

971345_10201064016299248_183855859_n.jpg

Edited by HoodedLime