Ashley_r84

Suspension refresh. What to purchase.

Evening all.

I am looking at refreshing the suspension on my clubsport this month and am hoping you knowledgeable people can give me some advice on what is best to buy.

I've already fitted powerflex front wishbone rear bushes. They did make a difference but I'm now feeling that the steering is a little more 'all over the place'.

I've also developed a slight knock in the steering on really rough roads.

I've just ordered some Meyle droplinks, what else would you recommend me buying so that I can get it all changed in one hit and hopefully solve the issues?

Cheers all

Ash

Right so I've now ordered new top mounts (haven't bothered checking the originals, I'm doing most other stuff so it's probably best anyway) and new droplinks are on the way. Will also check the ball joints and steering rods are ok and get these replaced too if needs be.

I can't decide whether I want to lower it yet! If I do I'll just be doing springs but my original plan was to keep it standard.....decisions decisions.

If you have any more suggestions I'm all ears.

Thanks again for the help.

I did look at these but my garage said that he's checked most of it on mine and seems fine, we'll see though.

WhackyWill you'll have to let me know the difference these make on your car, I may be tempted to just change the lot too:-)

Rear wishbone bushes and rear topmounts, wishbones, ARB mounting bushes if you are fussy. Shocks? Most cars up to 100k will have fairly knackered shock absorbers, mine did at 120k and old leaking ones can cause a crashy ride.

I did look at these but my garage said that he's checked most of it on mine and seems fine, we'll see though.

WhackyWill you'll have to let me know the difference these make on your car, I may be tempted to just change the lot too:-)

The difference is night and day, also had a 4 wheel alignment done. Drives like a new car.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm trying to order some powerflex bushes tonight for this but I don't know how to find out what sizes I need?

I already have the front wishbone rear bushes fitted so I think I only need the front anti roll bar bush now to complete the front? Are there any more that doing up front?

The problem I'm finding with these is they are available in 6 sizes!! How do I find out what size I need?

I've had a read through the link above also and I can't seem to see anything in there about the sizes.

Edited by Ashley_r84

Awesome.

Cheers mate

More pressing problems now though as my aux belt decided to jump ship earlier today so now my water pump is fooked, idler tensioner (whatever its called) needs replacing aswell as aux belts etc and hoping that it's done no other damage in the process.