lawley213

Eonon D5150 harman kardon system

Hi been a while since i have been on here but was always helpful last time i was on.

sorry if this has been asked before

I have a bmw e46 51 plate and want one of these systems Eonon D5150 but i have a harman pardon system in my car already read that i may need to do something to the loom for this to fit right?

Is this correct or will it be plug and play

thanks in advance

this is the unit I'm looking at

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eonon-D5150-Dash-Car-DVD-Player-SAT-NAV-Bluetooth-O1-Touch-iPod-NFC-for-BMW-E46-/161426608442?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3ABMW%7CPlat_Gen%3AE46&hash=item2595c6913a

I had 1.on some Looms that Eonon supplies there is a blue wire that provides 12v when the radio function is on but no voltage when cd/dvd/sat nav etc.

This blue wire on some Eonon looms is in the wrong corresponding pin for the bmw loom. The pin it connects to on the BMW side is to power the amp, hence only audio when the radio is on.

As said though this only affects some units and Eonon admit the issue on the fanatics thread.

One question why the Eonon, I have a pure Android unit that allows to do so much more. Search on here for pure Android.

20141221_103942_zps58378110.jpg

I have both reverse camera and forward facing camera for recording whilst driving. All plug and play mate.

The free version of torque was already installed however I bought the full version a long time ago.

Google xda forum.xda-developers.com huifei as there is a massive thread on the Android development on this unit. Some very clever guys out there

The only issue is space behind the unit. I have 2 USB cables 1 to my mifi dongle and 1to a flush mounted USB port under the centre arm rest.

Also Satnav F connector is tight so I bought 2 right angle USB leads 1.99 each and a F 90 degree connector 0.99

Lol. As I have 5gb allowance on my mifi I use Google maps and navigation as it supports voice ie from Google voice I say the postcode or address, google finds it then I press the navigate icon in google chrome.

As it's connected to the wwwi also get Street view or satellite view overlay on where I am navigating to