mikeyh592

Mikeys 330CD

Airtec cooler arrived this morning. Only ordered it 5 months ago [emoji23].

Last piece of the puzzle before the remap. [emoji108]

7e9642b82674eb1f98bc3f257f605174.jpg

9b72b39ef76bee71a2cece9ae7df9d24.jpg

2bd4d5ab083d9972272b1066da933b0b.jpg

8c29a6abaebc3e112d027a23522a4d90.jpg.

Awesome Thread, Speedy progress! :thumbup:

Can't put into words how much I love this thread Mikey!

Well in! :thumbsup:

Nearly everything I want to do to my 330CD you have done haha, and you are pretty local.

Once I've sorted my thermostats and first MOT I think I'm going to go for the ecotune decat pipe as the first 'mod' - did you notice much of a difference with yours?

Thanks mate.

Pretty local to you, only 15 mins away.

Your welcome to come for a drive or look,

The decat is a worthy mod in my eyes, will be kind to your turbo helping it breathe better and you should notice a quicker spool up from the turbo. It now got a full 3" system however.

Nice one thanks, I may well have too.. be very interested to see how it goes when remapped!

Do you get your MOT's anywhere local / decat friendly?

Will be watching the progress! :thumbsup:

How's the FMIC install going, and are you any closer with the remap.

Great thread and very tasteful mods

Away with work at the moment have been for last 7 weeks. Back next week tho so cooler will be on as soon as I'm back. Everything's in place ready to rock! Will be remapped once the cooler is on got a few other BIG things iv got lined up to do to the car also !!

Mikeyh592

Not been keeping up with this, but there's some good work going on! Waiting to see the results of that aforementioned hybrid turbo!

Can't put into words how much I love this thread Mikey!

Well in! :thumbsup:

Nearly everything I want to do to my 330CD you have done haha, and you are pretty local.

Once I've sorted my thermostats and first MOT I think I'm going to go for the ecotune decat pipe as the first 'mod' - did you notice much of a difference with yours?

Thanks mate.

Pretty local to you, only 15 mins away.

Your welcome to come for a drive or look,

The decat is a worthy mod in my eyes, will be kind to your turbo helping it breathe better and you should notice a quicker spool up from the turbo. It now got a full 3" system however.

Nice one thanks, I may well have too.. be very interested to see how it goes when remapped!

Do you get your MOT's anywhere local / decat friendly?

Will be watching the progress! :thumbsup:

I use Ed treads for my MOT's in Aylesbury. Only £25, but very honest and human about it all. I've had my decat go through there two or three times, and they fitted it originally too.

Thanks all. Will keep this thread updated

Little hint to next mod: BBK!!

Edited by mikeyh592

Awesome writeup, plenty of good mods! Looking forward to seeing power figures after the remap! I want to remove my CDV on my 330cd, hadnt found a writeup but that one is good enough :)

Edited by dooge

I'm not sure about the back intercooler, seems like an odd colour for something which you're trying to avoid heat soak from the surrounding engine components.

Intercoolers and chargecoolers should always be polished aluminium to reflect the outside heat.

That being said, this is still my favorite project thread on the site, and I _will_ be asking for details of your turbo rebuild guy in the future :)

Ged, did you see the mighty car mods episode on painting your intercooler? They actually found a thin layer of black paint stopped as much heatsoak when in traffic or at idle whereas it didnt make much difference while running.

I'll leave this here for you to have a watch. It's quite interesting

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/painting-the-intercooler-black-is-the-best-way-to-keep-your-turbod-engine-happy/

Mikeyh592

That was the one I saw, I am thinking it would make a difference to the stock intercooler as well.

Awesome thread Mikey, i've enjoyed reading it. Where did you get the bungs for the EGR delete and 18mm ID? Im wanting to do mine but the fact the engine light will come on is the only thing stopping me for now!

Loving the stoptechs too, nice and subtle.

Awesome thread Mikey, i've enjoyed reading it. Where did you get the bungs for the EGR delete and 18mm ID? Im wanting to do mine but the fact the engine light will come on is the only thing stopping me for now!

Loving the stoptechs too, nice and subtle.

Ash hoses direct Or via Ebay.

Mikeyh592