bungers

Bungers' e70 4.8 X5

So it's been ages since this has been updated.

What've I done so far? Full interior detail by a local detailing company; beige carpets are not a good combo with children :lol:

Also added some OEM black over mats to try and keep the carpets clean.

Retrofitted CIC nav and upgraded to the latest 2015 maps as I did in the 335, it's so much better than the CCC system. It's a DAB CIC and I've got a combox to go in it too but I haven't wired up an antenna nor fitted the combox yet.

A couple of months ago I had a massive bill getting the 21" wheels refurbed by Pristine Wheels, along with some new drop links, 4 x Michelin Pilot Sports & a full geo alignment.

This week I've been landed another massive bill as the rear diff decided to self destruct pulling out of a junction. Seems to be a common problem with my engine/year and BMW acknowledged that by superceding the diff with an updated version. Even with Costwold's discount it's over £2200 just for the diff :-(. Whilst it's in having that done I've decided to get the resonators removed to let some more of the glorious V8 noise out. I decided on this after I was sent a clip of it with the exhaust system from the cats back removed, what a noise!!

Been contemplating trying to find a 5.0i as they should be about the same economy, but with 100bhp more as standard, plus twin turbo so will be easily tuneable...

Bungers, you're a speed freak!

Actually, aren't we all :)

You're not wrong! The TVR is being collected next week, it's just had a full recommission as it had been sat for a long while. Again not cheap (over £4k on car bills this week :rolleyes: ), but they are very fragile so need to keep on top of things.

The GTTi should be starting its restoration soon, actually can't wait for that to be road legal. Got another (quite rare by all accounts) 205 GTI coming next week, that's something I've been looking forward to for too long!

Been contemplating trying to find a 5.0i as they should be about the same economy, but with 100bhp more as standard, plus twin turbo so will be easily tuneable...

Thoroughly enjoyed this sentence, gets better as you go. :thumbup:

Very nice collection of toys!

Thanks guys, must admit sometimes it can get a bit weary as it feels like I'm constantly spending on cars. But apart from things like the diff most bills are my own 'fault' and not 100% necessary.