dontpannic

dontpannic - 330D Sport Touring

Looks great, does your adjuster work the correct way round? Mine went through a phase of being backwards!

Cheers Max :)

Adjuster works fine (though was a nightmare as I kept snapping clips, turns out the ignitor was mounted too far forward). There's a setting in the coding to reverse the alignment potentiometer - I think different motors are wired differently!

Edited by dontpannic

Glad they went on ok.

The difference in looks alone is worth the upgrade :)

Cheers Bob! I had a bit of a mission - due to the indicator differences (screw on vs clip on) I had to transfer the internals from the pre-facelift lamps to the facelift lamps but where I mounted the ignitor too far forward the projector bowl cracked away from the main beam bowl. Nothing a bit of gripfill couldn't solve though! When I worked out that was the problem I put it all back together and everythings working perfectly :)

rtmuQXj.jpg

looking good, really want to do this to mine

So worth it :)

Very nice bud! If its anything like the coupes the rear window is the aerial. They have a booster on one of the rear pillars which are known for going. Not sure if its the same on tourers. Good job with all of it though, looking good!

Very nice bud! If its anything like the coupes the rear window is the aerial. They have a booster on one of the rear pillars which are known for going. Not sure if its the same on tourers. Good job with all of it though, looking good!

Cheers matey :)

Heh - I've stripped the antenna system back and since realised that someone has been properly dicking about with the antenna system on this car - there's been a new antenna cable run from the front of the car to the back, completely bypassing the antenna in the rear nearside window, and shooting straight up to the amplifier under the spoiler. I need to figure out what wiring is supposed to go where, replace it (there have been cables cut) and replace whatever was stopping it from working properly in the first place. Still, I get fair reception at the mo so it can wait till its warmer lol.

Nice example of a 330d. I had the same car/colour but in a saloon, and to be honest, I preferred it to my 330ci petrol in terms of drive. Can't be many 330d's with 70 odd thousand miles on the clock now!

Edited by ChrisBrog

Just a few small updates. Visually not a lot happens with the car, but it's an absolute workhorse for me.

Installed a Chinese head unit and reverse camera

81dTFhU.jpg

md2bOCz.jpg

Back in July me and a group of mates went down to the 'ring for our annual visit - so thought I'd give the car a bit of a clean, clay, polish and wax before we went. Gave the same love to my Fiesta too...

LOgCeeR.jpg

qsHXI1y.jpg

Then, took it to the ring...

PV7yHes.jpg

YJZrZEJ.jpg

iuQL46E.jpg

1zborvd.jpg

qmOBbpw.jpg

wVRwoOS.jpg

l1EWSZf.jpg

A couple of warped discs, a 9:55 lap, and two tanks of diesel later, it was back home. I ambered it up (still on the lookout for rear ambers!):

8I6h0zx.jpg

and fitted the roofbox to take four of us and all our gear for a weeks camping in Cornwall.

Q2AlSml.jpg

And ever practical, last week it even carried a 3 seater sofa to the local hospice charity.

rUL2DuL.jpg?1

Next on the "to do" list is auto gearbox oil and filter change, and diff oil change. Hopefully before winter kicks in!

17 minutes ago, dontpannic said:

Cheers mate :)

Headlights are not too bad to be honest. I just cocked up by rushing the first time round. The actual retrofit is really easy.

I will have to look more into this then!, really think it makes such a difference in both look and light-output. 

Keep us posted with updates!

Cleaned her and got some photos the other day. Not a lot has really changed in the grand scheme of things, yellowed the main beams, amber indicators all round, properly wired in the bi-xenons so the shutters work properly, wired in a tracker and rewired my dash cam so it is wired directly into an empty slot on the fusebox.

8mZvt4Z.jpg

rQC0LRj.jpg

HColHhx.jpg

0Zjwcl3.jpg

WYwGoUb.jpg

Lx4bNZo.jpg

DnnVSe7.jpg

wkdaUin.jpg